Scariest Movie / Show

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are many reasons I am unmarried at 32, and none of them are secrets to even a casual observer. My current girlfriend finds new ones every day.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a standing challenge that I will sleep in any "haunted" structure in which I am legally invited to do so and it is financially possible for me to do so (work-wise).

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, it sure isn't for any lack of comfortably likable charm.

You've got that I spades, brutha.

4. Tenacious D

Piss on that. Hell no.

HA-EEEL no.

**EDIT**
    It perturbs me that you'd even mention such madness.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's the Fathead of Picard on the wall, isn't it? Or is the Data body pillow in your bed?

6. Tenacious D

Dammit, IP.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Odo, imo.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We seriously have painted prints of Data, Picard, and Riker in our living room. Seriously. Legit. It took much negotiation and many sacrifices. It looks odd. It clashes with the everything else. But it. is. GLORIOUS. And people always comment and smile. Conversation starters.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a Garek and Bashir guy, myself. One of the greatest duos in Trek.

10. Tenacious D

Kick your own ass.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I started Star Trek on Netflix the other day. Never seen any. I just hated them on principle.

I now have actual reason to hate them.

I figured I should run the true timeline, so I'm on the Original Series.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It gets so much worse. You have no idea. I also have a framed Metro Pulse Guide to the Apocalypse from July 24, 2008 because I loved the front page art so much. It's in the hall. Nobody even knows that was a real paper and story, they think it's fake or a spoof.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not a huge fan of the original series, though there are occasionally good episodes.

I'd skip the animated series if I were you. The movies get pretty good after the first one. Gotta watch those up to The Undiscovered Country, then start Next Gen. After Next Gen, watch Generations. Then DS9 Seasons 1-3 (Next gen season 7 and Ds9 season 1 were simultaneous, Generations was probably concurrent with season 3 of Ds9). Then First Contact and start Voyager season 1-3. Then DS9 Seasons 4-6. Then Insurrection. Then DS9 Season 7 (you're in for a treat). Then finish Voyager. Then watch Nemesis (I'm so sorry, it's horrible).

Oh, you're still here? Now watch Enterprise. Seasons 3 and 4 are good.

CBSonline series starts next year.

14. NorrisAlan

I loooove Garek. Best character in the series.

15. NorrisAlan

I cannot fathom hating Star Trek.

16. gcbvol

Great call!

17. fl0at_

I won't make it. I watch about an hour of TV a week.

That's like 16 years of TV at my present pace.

18. fl0at_

It's a low budget space exploration TV show (but somehow the Enterprise can pull over other vessels, and can kill at will, so like, 00-Captain Kirk), that was cancelled, after three years, and was known for subtle political commentary.

That's bad on every level.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's enough for a lifetime, and yet just not enough. I watch these shows and movies like Tenny watches Andy Griffith, but like if he watched the spinoff and Matlock while playing Griffith sings Gospel on loop.

20. gcbvol

Nor can I. The Trek universe is an especially comforting escape in a climate like our present.