Scariest Movie / Show

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's bad, but it has moments. Also, most stuff wasn't great then in my opinion.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's why many love or hate DS9. It tweaked that escape on the nose sometimes when it showed how even 24th century humans behave when scarcity or danger manifested itself in a Trek world. Roddenberry's dream deconstructed, then rebuilt in the rebirth of Cardassia.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I forced myself to continue, framing it as it were that these were shot in the 60s, and I can't look at them through the eyes of "today."

That said, why does Shatner catch so much hell? His acting isn't any worse than any other on board that ship.

In order to not derail, and not sure if I mentioned this before:

Backdraft scared the living hell out of me. I'm still, to this day, scared of homes on fire. Irrational, but that's me.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

See that wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just skip straight to city on the edge of forever

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It really was an action series until they figured out they didn't have to do that with next gen. On the other hand you have to give credit for creating something completely unlike anything before it. Now it seems dull, but our it in the context of your only shit like that being westerns.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've got a haunted porta-potty to show you some time.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Devil In the Dark as well.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Errand of mercy is good too

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That this thread has spawned an intergalactic circle-jerk amongst the BattleStar-SythLord-TrekWar-Nerds of the site is easily it's most terrifying aspect.

Set ya'll's phasers to "Move the **** Along" and beam yourselves up your own asses.

11. fl0at_

Look, if you don't want a Trekie convention to sprout up, don't mention IP's relationship status.

12. Tenacious D

I would rather watch Hat, IP and Un run a cocaine-induced orgy train on my grandmother, with Indy as the Engineer and NYY as the caboose, than to watch a single episode of Star Trek.

I can't fathom the abstract stupidity of that show, or anyone who watches it. There's not enough interesting shit in this world, not to mention its history, than to watch some other nerds in leotards watching blinking lights of an aluminum box?

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you can't understand it I get it. I'm sure there will be a new peanuts movie soon.

14. fl0at_

Ouch. If one were really a Star Trek fan, though, I think a better "dig" would be to remind everyone that the Pilot was originally rejected as being too "cerebral," and maybe that is why isn't well received by some.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Show would have been even better if they had let The Cage be the template for the series.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Would rather read an Ann Coulter book then watch StarTrek.

17. fl0at_

I'm trying to embrace my inner nerd. I don't feel that I've had to be pushed all that hard.

Although I haven't shot a firearm in at least three months. And I haven't drawn a bow in 6.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've always felt the very best art, no matter the medium, is that which stays with you. And damn if you don't paint a scene.

I understand much of the criticism, but the ethos of Star Trek is as important to me as the theatrical elements.

19. Tenacious D

Long live brotherhood.

20. Tenacious D

What's to understand? It's a shitty comic book played out on a B-rated set by D-list actors.