Screw SunTrust

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Apr 14, 2015.

1. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Damn kids don't know how good they got it these days!!

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There is a Publix and a jersey mikes and a Bojangles too. It's fantastic.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe in teaching sex Ed in school, but parents should be able to pull them from it if they wish.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when my wife taught in the inner city she'd overhear kids talking about getting pregnant. top reasons were: get to move out of the house, boyfriend wants a kid so everyone knows I'm his, and boyfriend is dating some skank and I want to show her he's mine. never did she hear someone claim it was because they didn't know birth control worked.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure if this is some sort of logic trap or not. Can't a choice be a mistake? Aren't most mistakes a choice on some level or another?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not claiming all life is sacred, I'm just saying if someone is worried about "babies" being aborted but then thinks that they're a "lesson" to be learned for the parents after they're born, they aren't being consistent.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Provided that the sign a release saying no public aid for babies they can't afford.

I am also for anyone who wants to ride a motorcycle without a helmet signing a release saying we don't have to pay for their head trauma.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Both of these are good ideas. Same with smokers.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, rural Arkansas does

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree. I am so sick of how it has hijacked the Republican Party.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Or the federal government could get out of the charity business all together.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not mind having a safety net for some. The problem is that it has gone from being a safety net to a way of life for millions.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think safety nets should be ran at the state level and then private charities. We're on a very unsustainable path with social welfare programs.

Plus they basically lock a person into poverty, by making it too costly to climb out of the situation.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How do the people afford giant TVs and 24s if they can barely afford to feed their children?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

credit card debt?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because they sell prescriptions and do work under the table for cash. But if one is honest and trying to make it a little increase income can have huge marginal effects on their assistance.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I got a call from one of the beneficiaries of a trust I run all pissed that the income transferred through to her this year (not my fault btw) rather than paid by the trust thus eliminating her $6K covered California (i.e. obamacare) subsidy. I'm thinking how the hell can she qualify for obamacare given the fact she gets $6 net a month in income? my guess is since the trust is paying the taxes, she's reporting zero personal income. let's just say the system isn't working properly. I hope to god she's not collecting welfare or something.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dammit less economic voodoo hoodoo and more big bootie and big lebowski talk!

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm shomer shabbos

20. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

You're not even jewish, dude. You're f'ing Polish Catholic.