SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Have to think the sec network is too big and espn is too strong of a partner.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/07/10/sec-network-directv/12474205/

Sounds like DTV wants to put it in a sports package and SEC is balking at it IMO. Big 10 Network is in the sports package.

I do wonder how many households in the south that have DTV don't care about SEC Football though.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

PAC 12 network wanted it in the basic package for anyone in the region. Direct tv refused to do it. They claimed their software wouldn't allow it so they'd have to give it to everyone which seemed pretty questionable to me. Sec network is on the sports pack for me for dish as an example. I'm going to guess sec fans will care a tad more than people in the PAC 12 areas though

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. It may not be Dish but it wont be DTV unless they get it worked out.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They can determine where i am and what local stations i get and what pro sports market i am in and they can't do that? Really?

I'm fine of it's in sports package. That may have gotten them a two week extension though.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Phase 1 of my plan is complete. Bill lowered without extending contract. Now they have about 3 weeks or so to get it. Already shopping uverse. They are including it in their U200 package which essentially is what I have with DTV. I may end up switching to Uverse anyway especially after seeing positive feedback on here and it doesnt sound like DTV is going to give me a big price break after this month.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I will give my all for Tennessee today.

8. VB refugee

VB refugee New Member

I am hoping Comcast doesn't get a deal done. That way I can parlay it into lowering my bill. I'll just find an illegal stream and watch it that way

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I expect Comcast to announce in the next 2 weeks they have a deal.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You'll be surprised how many people give as little a shit about having the SEC Network as I do.

11. hatvol96

Nope. The number of people who give enough of a damn about watching Utah State v. Tennessee or Louisiana Lafayette v. Arkansas to change a television service they are otherwise pleased with is being vastly overstated.

12. hatvol96

They thought the same thing when they launched The Longhorn Network.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people get direct tv because they are sports fans. direct tv knows this. this is why they hang onto the nfl ticket for dear life.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not exactly apples to apples.

15. hatvol96

Same main benefactor. ESPN continually overplays their hand and DirecTV is the provider that calls their bluff.

16. hatvol96

Yet tell the PAC 12 and SEC to go get £ucked. As London as they have the exclusive on Sunday Ticket, they write the rules.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

0.0% chance the SEC Network is not on every major providers list, and soon.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sunday Ticket is to DirecTV as iPhone was to AT&T.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's actually interesting because direct tv was one of the few providors to get the big 10 network and the mountain west network it's first year. they used to be dedicated to having everything a sports fan could want. now they've not gotten the pac-12 network, longhorn (both of which dish has), and refuse to get the dodger network, but did pay for the lakers network.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and they certainly know that the nfl ticket is #1 for most people.