Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I wound up not going.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Just hoping the power doesn't go out.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Road in front of my house has a good glaze of ice on it

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Power has been blinking on and off for the last few hours here. Luckily I finished this bad boy up on the pellet grill before it started. [Well shit. Picture too big to upload. Imagine a beautiful ribeye]

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The ice is the thing, to me. I won't go out in ice for anything. Snow is fine, but the thin layer of ice coating the streets and everything tonight will cause chaos tomorrow.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Power out near BNA, outage map looking like it’s not bad yet but we’ve got a couple hours of sleet left at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This weather is bullshit

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Looks like it’s starting to change to snow here so that’s good

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At least sleet is a little better than freezing rain. Looks like big snow will stay west. Memphisay get 15ish inches by saturday

emainvol likes this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Things have taken an unexpected turn in Wilson County[​IMG]

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  11. Ssmiff

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now over to Lil Jon for the weather.

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

After brief but of sleet to start the day the snow is COMING DOWN in Shelby County right now. Hardest snow I've seen in a while.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is falling in clumps. I can't even see the grass anymore. Disgusting. Next Tuesday it's supposed to be near 50 degrees.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I took the dogs out and I have one who is a pain in the ass to get back inside sometimes, even when it’s cold and rainy, and he noped his ass right back inside within 30 seconds while the little pansy dude had to take his time

I’m so cold

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

East Tennessee so far has been on the edge of this thing and we will probably just get some rain this afternoon. Thought it was supposed to hit here around 11:30am today, but the Cumberland mountains once again shielding us.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Nashville Snow Dome appears to be holding strong. Only sleet and maybe a little dusting on the tail end of the storm this evening.

18. Ssmiff

This freezing rain needs to stop. And I'm trying to convince a kid to be a weatherman, since you can have all the help in the world and still be wrong daily without losing your job. Oops, the wind changed. Sorry. Not 9 inches. 1 inch. My bad.

19. fl0at_

We've moved beyond not being able to see the grass, to not being able to see landscaping. And it is still coming down. I have no doubt someone is out driving around, somewhere, but they'll bottom out a car if they drive down my street.

20. fl0at_

And some idiot came down here in a front wheel drive car, and now lives in our cove.