Shannon to UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I take it DocVol is very reliable with his info?

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It isn't that he is known to bring info like this often; however, he is a long-time poster and doesn't just post random stuff. I've never known him to be out there saying stuff just for the hell of it. He posted a detailed message a few nights ago detailing that Shannon was the primary target. The information seemed very consistent with all of the other pieces that we've heard since then. I won't buy it 100% until UT confirms it, but his post tonight puts me at over 95% confident at this point...

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I guess I'll have to drink a bottle NyQuil to sleep tonight!

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hes pretty solid.

SBK never come off his claim of Shannon even when others were hollarin Steele.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

We still have a lot to worry about. HE is a hot commodity. Others are going to rush in and throw money at him. JMO. We need him to sign fast.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

LWS' cred takes a significant hit, IMO.

It's one thing to say they're considering A and B, predict incorrectly between the two.

It's another to say (adamantly and repeatedly) that there is absolutely no "B" in the equation...even when another reputable poster insists that he is.

Someone should compile and keep up with all of these predictions made by various people - if only to be able to show somewhat of a hit/miss rate.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This move will definitely be good for Maggitt and AJ.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Someone on VN did start a thread that recorded the prediction of everyone with purported insiders

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be shocked if Spangler ended up at the loser of the Jeff Casteel Tug 'O War.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I've always had serious doubt about just how much "Larry" actually knows. Some of the stuff he's posted about the basketball program over the years has been abject fiction.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In recruiting news Pig Howard just got tackled by Dalton Santos after a 22 yard punt return.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a Fulmer guy. I'm surprised he even made a post about basketball

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

That explains his constant negativity towards the the program.

I realize we're not where we need to be, but some of his comments are way out there.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

According to Larry, Tennessee is a job that no one wants, and they are too cheap to hire a good coach.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It's no wonder he's such a Fulmer guy, aside from knowing him, he also thinks UT fans should be pleased with 8 win seasons.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He thought that if we went 4-8 in Dooley's first season, we'd be doing fine

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I saw where he has made those comments as well.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Then he's part of the problem.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

While I consider Shannon an upgrade over Wilcox... anyone else kind of get the feeling UT is hiring their next head coach when they hire Shannon to be DC?

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I would think that could be a possibility!