Shoop's Status to be Evaluated After Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So is Shoop done, or what?

Hard to lay that one all on him. Offense and special teams had to do their part to blow that one.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The defense looked way less stupid from a philosophical standpoint. Jumper is still a total liability. The last play was simply inexcusable.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Or run the damn ball and don't even give them the chance.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It all starts and stops with Butch

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know you knew. I was just venting.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shotgun from 1 tells you this staffs brainpower. We ran 7 plays inside their 10 tonight.

Zero runs.

Zero.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I refuse to go watch the play again but on snap the safety at bottom of screen opened to 45 like he was playing cover 2.

On the only play that can beat you with over 4 eligible receivers you have 2 guys to cover deep. Basic math should trump what his play card says anyday.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And we were averaging 5.5 a pop.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

With a guy who exerted every ounce of himself to the point the paint and colors from his pads soaked through his jersey....

But we can't give it to that guy. Hell no. Go gun and sling it with an inconsistent QB.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kelly was getting 7.4 a carry

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If anyone isn't listening to what bpv and nyy are saying, let me know so I can ****ing fight you.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Include groves in that. I am not a tough guy, but I will bleed on you profusely

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our offensive game planning was terrible. Everytime Kelly got going we pulled him or started throwing the ball. He is clearly a high energy guy that gets better when he is killing it. Feed the hot hand. Botch is a moron.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kelly specifically said that in the South Carolina game last year when they pulled him out and inserted Fils-Aime for that fumble that he was not tired and did not in any way ask to leave the game. He had a big run and was automatically pulled.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Callaway had three catches and we threw it almost 50 times. Jones is the dumbest coach on history.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The 4th quarter was quite bad.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You can tell the guy is tireless when he gets going. A good coach rides that until his work horse is done.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's all on Scott - VN.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The DEs weren't just gifting the corner as they have to date. The DTs were at least in position to stymie blockers. The safeties moved up in some level of run support at times.

It's hard to talk about how much such a sorry middle LB means. He simply makes no plays and gives up tons of the long runs we see. I have no idea why he's ever on the field.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The head idiot hired him because nobody with a pulse would work for him.