Shoop's Status to be Evaluated After Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Reminded me of the A&M game last year a bit. DB makes a great effort to foil what should have been the backbreaker TD. Despite coaching idiocy, we miraculously have a chance to win it and ruin it with stupid red zone play.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

7 plays inside the 10. 7 passes. 1 completion. 0 yards.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where is the messiah? We are on the Event Horizon's maiden voyage.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just rewatched the last play. So, we are notoriously in soft coverage with our corners throughout the game. And yet, on the final play our corner is up only about five yards off Cleveland. What the hell? Guy needed 20 yards at least to give them a field goal opportunity. They throw it shorter than that and you allow him to catch it and lose the game. I know the safety ultimately released Cleveland to Abernathy and that's where we really blew it, but that easily could have been a blow by the corner, get the first, and kick a field goal for the win situation. It's like we're trying to make these things happen.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

stupid alignment. Kongbo gave him a pocket. Horrible defense all around, including backpeddling for freaking 20 yards. Turn your hips, run and play the ball, or, trip his ass.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Should have tripped him and given an un-timed down. Least then they'd have known where the ball was going.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm sure Scott isn't too happy either since Butch threw him under the bus this morning.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is Butch's MO. Which is why the whole "he seems like such a nice guy" thing boggles my mind. He is a narcissist with insecurity issues (bizarre mixture), and will blame anyone and everyone else but himself for his failures. Not really a nice person, if you ask me.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I'd be whipping his ass after this morning, if I'm Scott. Butch has veto power and knows all the plays. He's not some fan waiting to see what's called on the field, but he knew you had to run it down on the one.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. Somebody needs to ask Butch why he didn't step in after seeing the first passing debacle inside their 10 when he had 3 fracking timeouts, a tailback on a mission and a gassed FL defense. He owns that shit every bit as much as Scott.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The play calling inside the 10 showed that our coaching staff does not understand basic offensive strategy for the game of football.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds like Presidential timber.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I still am not sure why QD and JK don't get in the huddle and call their own play there. Overcome the poor coaching with some common sense. 21 year old son of a coach needed to manage what his coach screwed up.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What did he say about Scott?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Keep in mind, this is the guy who, after being booed for kicking a field goal on 4th and a foot, tried to explain his cursing the fans by claiming he was talking to the other coaches, who called a field goal even though he wanted to go for the touchdown.

Yes. He said that and no one even challenged him on it.

Whatever he may have said about Scott could very likely be an outright lie.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Said that he knew to and wanted to run the ball when we got down on their one yard line.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's all coming to a head. His cowardly chickenshit-ness is being noticed by the big orange faithful

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If true and he didn't do anything about it, that's actually worse than wanting to throw it 4 times.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"I don't micromanage, like some coaches."

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

What a piece of shit lying ass coward this clown is.