So the bowl game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 28, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Harbaugh did an amazing job this year and he's got a great class coming in.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1 and 2 are definitely positives and show that Harbaugh can coach, but they aren't exactly things that suggest Michigan would beat the brakes off UT as some seem to have been suggesting early in this thread. The third one is a cool stat, but you can't ignore the fact that their defense then got significantly worse as the season went on.

You keep putting words in my mouth. If we are such an easy team to scout and shut down, why do you need to be a Harbaugh in order to do it?

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I did.

You still dont have a point.

4. Beechervol

He made them relevant in a short time. Thats what elite coaches do.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

College football seems to be headed in a direction that we are not.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Three straight shutouts are great, but they lose their luster when the defense goes downhill the rest of the season. Butch's offense looks great too until people figure it out and shut it down in the second half.

So taking teams to the wire is a sign of a good coach now? Do we really want to go down that road?

They play in a shit conference. What is their big win? And I don't understand why you keep trying to compare them to Butch. We both agree Butch is the bottom of the bottom as far as coaches go. Being better than him hardly requires a pulse.

Why don't you start with 300+ yards on the ground for IU and like 18 of their last 19 plays being runs late. That's a UM defense getting physically abused by Indiana.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Funny how other people are trying to refute my point while you are still sitting here saying I don't have a point. Let me know when you finally catch up.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is blatantly wrong. Michigan was #4 in total defense this year. #11 in scoring defense.

After the three shutouts, they gave up:

27 to Mich St, but 6 of those were on the punt block.

26 to Minnesota.

16 to Rutgers

34 to Indiana in regulation, 41 over all and 7 of the 34 were off of a punt return. not great, I will give you that.

16 vs Penn St

annnnd 42 vs tOSU. Their defense was outmatched completely by tOSU.

Yes, that is "significantly" worse than giving up 7,7,0,0,0 the previous 5 weeks, but good lord, you cannot expect to keep that up.

Do you have any stats or proof to your statements or are you just dropping troll bombs?

9. Beechervol

It required no effort. Not a surprise.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stats or proof that UT vs UM would be a good bowl game? I'm not sure what stat you want me to find to prove that. We hung with Stoops and OU, as well as Bama and Saban, both of which are coaches of a similar level to Harbaugh with more talented teams. We would hang with Harbaugh and UM just fine, and may even beat them.

And as I've said since my first post, they have looked like an average football team every time I've watched them. I know Harbaugh is a great coach, and I've never said anything against that. I don't doubt that he will have them playing good football in the years to come. I just don't get why people act scared of playing him with this team. They have been far from world beaters.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You haven't said a single thing of substance in this thread.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your first quote is a useless hybrid of an anecdote and a personal opinion. No point there.

Your second quote is two opinions combined together. No point there either.

So I'm thinking you've yet to make a point on this.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jesus, IP. "Michigan has looked average at best every time I've watched them."

Translation: Michigan is an average football team.

If you want to say my two quotes provided no evidence supporting my point, that's one thing. But the point is there.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep I think Harbaugh likely has them at or near the top in time but I think we'd have a shot at them this year

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Urban better enjoy next season. By year three he will be having chest pains.

16. Beechervol

That makes 2 of us.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

UM just got worked over by a powerful rushing attack with a mobile QB who completed less than 10 passes. Harbaugh could dominate Butch on a level playing field, but I'd feel optimistic about the match up.

18. Beechervol

IP showing some "No point focus".

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Keep telling yourself that.

20. Beechervol

No need. Just keep posting.