SpartacusVols

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 31, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

About to read the thread, see you guys Friday.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

While I think kjennin3 is wrong, I don't think his points are per se idiotic or homeristic. It is possible -- I think -- to be favorable towards Dooley without being a sunshine pumper. What is unfortunate is that groves and kj's debate couldn't have been had at this site, where I think we could use some rational, if not wrong-headed, counterpoints to our general drift.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Kjennin's not a complete idiot based on what I've seen from him at VQ.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Here's the exchange for those that want to see it:

Me:
    Volsfan75 made a solid point about it:
    I know this will be seen probably by Volly herself. That's fine. In my mind, that was a straight up attempt to get me to say something directly about this place, so I would get banned. That's bullshit. I could be wrong but don't think I am. Pretty bush league for a mod to try something like that.

I've got no personal beef with you Volly. In fact, I don't think I even posted in the thread created about you here because I knew you would read it. The lurking thing is grade school at best. If this site sucks so bad, don't visit. If we are insignificant, why worry about what's posted here? I don't simply lurk on VN. I post what I think wherever I am. Time to grow up and stop this kindergarten shit above mentioning banned VN posters or this site. All this over people not toeing the Dooley line. That's so juvenile. The merit of a post will stand on it's own. No need to protect anyone. If they can't handle a response to their words, maybe they need to stay off forums.

So, let's quit the lurking and trying to fish out a comment that will get someone banned. If you don't like what someone says/does here, speak up here where it can be discussed. If not, don't insinuate anything about it where it can't. I promise my self-esteem will suffer no damage if you come here and blast me. It's a message board. My self-worth is not determined by it. It's time to stop the childish stuff acting like this place doesn't exist. Our goal here is not to bring down VN. So, to anyone from there that's so concerned about us, don't be. No need to sneak around to see what we are saying/doing. Let us mention the place and those of us that are still there will tell you. We are under no illusion that we are in a bubble. We are fully aware that what is said here is seen by you guys. As I said, there's no covert plan to cause you or your site any harm.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's my general impression.

We need to get VolNavyMan here. He is a great troll/funny dude. One of the few reasons to still go there.

6. JayVols

Oh, one more thing Volly, I was sincere about what I said about your mother and son. I wish them nothing but the best in both situations.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it is too, but I haven't really seen it yet. I can understand people that want to see how this season plays out before making their mind up. I don't agree with it, but I can see why they say it. Dooley does have some horses on offense and some decent talent on offense and the roster was down when he took over.

The thing is for me is that he had better have a ridiculously good season to make up for the misses in recruiting and the beatings Dooley has endured here. It's to the point where he pretty much has to go to Atlanta to make the last two seasons get out of my head and then I'll think about Shula's 10 win season until the 2013 season is over and he hasn't regressed.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No need to apologize. I'd tell her I don't give a shit whether she likes it or not. She's the one that's too chicken shit to come back here. I like how she's suddenly allowed to take shots at this site, but one mention of it by anyone else gets them permabanned. They can all go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This season will lay everything bare about who and what [ddiapos] is. How do you play against the teams you're supposed to beat and how do you compete against the teams that are better than you?

Whether or not Dooley or Kiffin wrapped up Justin Hunter's recruitment will be but a technical question in the dustbin of UT football history by December. And for that, we can all be thankful.

Dadgum, this season can't start soon enough. (Got hotel for Atlanta this week, btw).

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

After reading through a little bit of that pathetic thread, if I ever had any respect whatsoever for Vollydumbass, it's now out the window. I don't think I've ever seen anything more pathetic than to drudge up everything that's going in your personal life and splash it over a message board in order, I'm assuming, to make a point that one shouldn't criticize [ddiapos]. Jesus Christ.

Just to be clear: I obviously wish her step-son the best and her mother the best as well, but if I was either one of them, I'd be embarrassed of her.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

kj tried to argue that recruiting top 25 classes to Tennessee was a great accomplishment. That seems pretty hard to defend.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's really irrelevant, but you can't say Kiffin torched the program but left you a legit NFL QB and, at worst, put you in a position to sign two NFL WRs two weeks into the job you took over.

13. JayVols

I wasn't.

I just wanted to reinforce that I wasn't being an a s s. I really do hope those deals go well. I can be an asshole, but I'm a pretty good hearted person believe it or not. I won't lie and say that I thought her doing what she did in reference to what goes on here was ok. It wasn't. Pretty sure I was being goaded for a permaban. That's not cool at all.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yes, I noticed after I wrote that that you actually never apologized. Obviously, no one wishes her family anything but the best, but the use of them to make a point is beyond pathetic, and thus, makes her pathetic.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think there are a couple of arguments you can make and be logical.

1. You need three years given what he inherited.

2. Look at the Cincinnati game. The offense was sharp and the running game looked much better overall. Hunter was that vital to the team last year that his departure made that much of an impact. Given roster make-up, it's hard to make definitive determinations on coaching with the injuries.

Now, I may not agree with these, but I will accept these arguments (and possibly others) as a valid reason to have not given up on Dooley.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Holy shit, these guys are giving Gibbs a run for his money.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd like to nominate golf balls and Orange Pearl for high 2 seeds.

18. JayVols

Reasonable requests, imo.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Then there's Nashvegas31 and so many others, it's a deep field.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Some of them have surpassed gibbs, imo.