SpartacusVols

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 31, 2012.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

NY likes to bring the pressure, but who's winning and what type of offense does the other team run?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Problem with football in Tennessee is not high school per se but youth development. Always has been. I played on an All-Star Pop Warner team that included a bunch of guys that went on to have great basketball and baseball careers but only one of them played football. Somewhere between the ages of 12-15 the programs get downright awful. By the time they get to high school a lot of them are overweight, disinterested, lazy, or playing another sport. (Or in the band, I might add.)

Every dinky town in South Carolina, Georgia, or Louisiana has youth development programs for football that are fantastic. I think Knoxville's is getting there, but Upper East Tennessee has become a joke.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Population Density hurts a lot of programs.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree to some extent vfj. There is a lack of skill to, but if you look at the to notch programs in the state, there is probably s good youth program going on as well.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The problem is the existence of something as idiotic as kids under 14 or 15 playing football. Kids get tired of getting beaten up for the glory of some intellectually impotent dipshat who is trying to compensate for his own failings in life by being a dimestore Bud Kilmer. That's why those kids are out of football by the time they reach high school.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure why that is a problem for Tennessee more than other states.