Spurrier Retiring

Discussion in 'Sports' started by yont sum iss?, Oct 12, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think the thought process there is that the under armor guy would pay anything.

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Also, sorry if already posted....but something interesting to note. Spurrier's last win at Carolina was against UCF earlier this year. Spurrier's first win at USCe? UCF in 2005.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think Lyle is making 3.6 mill and Edsall is (was) making 2.2 million.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

3.6 million for Butch? Hart should be fired for that alone.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

According to the Google, it's around $2.1MM.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. He would take less to have less pressure and be in an area he loves.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Debord leaves at the end of the year to become a Werther's original rep and Spurrier comes home to be OC and QB coach.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sounds like you are certain about that.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I first met Spurrier when a Sophomore football player at Tenn. High School in Bristol. It was his senior year and Science Hill was undefeated when we went to Johnson City to get our asses whooped, at least that was the opinion of all but our most die hard fans. We were not that good, if memory serves, I think we ended up around 6-4 in a fairly tough conference. We managed to beat them, their only loss. I remember Spurrier being really pissed off. They were on a potentially game winning last couple of minutes drive when on a QB keeper he fumbled. For a preacher's son, he certainly had a colorful vocabulary.

I too like many have stated came to appreciate him and went from hater to admirer. I did follow him in his pro career, and wanted to see him play more. He wasted away as John Brody's back-up at the 49ers. I have a couple mutual acquaintances, one who regularly plays golf with him. They both are quite high on him.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I came to appreciate, then respect and later really like Spurrier the older I got, as I better learned to detect and despise bullshit.

Hate on him for all of the barbs and jabs that you want - but which one wasn't not only true, but nobody else had the balls to say it?

14. Tenacious D

I'd start a new list, just to prevent his being listed on it.

No way we're lucky enough for them to hire EdO.

15. Tenacious D

Butch Jones' body would be found in a trash can at the training complex within 24 hours of him being named to the staff.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thats the plan.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

My dad played high school basketball against him. Told me a story of Spurrier missing a game winning shot, he fell to his knees after the game and pounded the floor with his fists like a toddler. Guy simply has a hatred for losing.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nobody loves Maryland and the cost of living there is much, much higher than that of Tennessee. Which makes the pay disparity even larger.

I don't think Butch is that dumb.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  19. Tenacious D

This may be the greatest idea I've ever heard.

Ever.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The cost of living means nothing if its a place you want to be. Butch is dumb.