Start The Clock...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeBlood79, Oct 18, 2014.

1. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Mullen should have been their hire four years ago, hell, as soon as Kiffin took off, I text my dad, Uncle, and my brother and told them I wanted their coach (all MSU a alum).

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I can't argue with any of you as far as getting rid of coaches. But, if we turn a few over, I fear that will just lead to excuses for "transitional" periods where we have to suck. I honestly have nothing constructive to say. But, a coach that is a winner would be showing some improvement with our offense. And, I don't care if we have all walk on OLs, there is no excuse for not even impeding the defense. Getting whipped, I get. Jailbreak rushes from the defense, I don't.

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I think we all agree on how bad the offense is, and especially how bad the offensive playcalling and perhaps OL coaching is.

But I cannot be the only one who thinks our defense is not really as good as people think.

I mean it is clearly an upgrade over what we had 2 years ago and last year - but damn, MAryville High School has/had a better defense than we did 2 years ago.

But defenses who stop, stop, stop, and then give up a big play for points, all over nd over and over - does not make a great or even good defense in my opinion.

We are clearly faster. And I think our tackling has improved a great deal. But we still give up those plays -and have all year this year.

Not to say defense is the problem with this team. I am just sick of being told that the defense is evidence of this staff's "competence." Its improved. But it still sucks.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was around this time of year last year that I thought the team just up and quit. They beat SC and laid down for most of the rest of the year. I won't be too surprised if they lose out.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Botch may have already left. They've played 35 straight minutes of commercials on the Botch Jones Show.

Or I guess I missed it. Of course he had excuse after excuse.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I just told somebody this very thing not 10 mins ago

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

To borrow an analogy from another sport, I'd rather see a swing for the fence rather than get struck out looking.

8. JayVols

When does UT put up the video of the post game press conference?

9. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

They were uploading it a few minutes ago but Ole Miss intercepted it.

10. JayVols

Figures

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He dropped an atrocious cliche on the post game radio interview. I'm sure you jumped all over it.

12. JayVols

Missed it. Rest stop piss break.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

" we always say, the punt is the first play of defense."

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm going to bed before I rage.

15. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

You have to be kidding

16. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

With the ways things are going maybe it should be the first play of offense.

17. JayVols

I say our first play on offense is our first play on defense.

18. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Derek Barnett btw...38 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 3 sacks. Through 7 games.

19. JayVols

He can play.

Side note:

Even the Vol Radio Network is a bunch of chickenshit basatards. They took one call. You guessed it. Sunshine pumper that said we should appreciate our players for all the integrity they have on and off the field.

20. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Meanwhile on Basilio Quarles name gets thrown in ring for OC.