Start The Clock...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeBlood79, Oct 18, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am seriously starting to believe those that say UT football is a psychological experiment being conducted on our fanbase to test just how far you can push a population.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Just wait until Donnie Tyndall makes you forget about football season.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You have left that tantalisingly ambiguous.

4. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

JG, was it you that posted Lyle's record against ranked opponents...or the SEC...or something like that? Whoever it was, it was condemning evidence against him.

Also...apparently rumors are swirling that Worley's injury means he's done and last night might be his last to play as a Vol.

I am really not for it but, to preserve the season, I'm ready to say [uck fay] it and burn Dobbs redshirt after Peterman finds dramatically new and innovative and ways to turn the ball over next week versus Bama. Let Peterman shit the bed for 60 minutes, pat him on the back, and then tell him he'll never see the field again after the game is over. Then, give the ball to Dobbs for SC and don't look back.

We still have to play in a bowl game this year, at all costs at this point. Otherwise, national media will begin to speculate about Lyle's job security which will handicap recruiting...which is the last f'ing thing we need.

Say what you will about his coaching, he's a recruiting wizz. I'd rather have a stocked roster to entice a legitimate head coach then yet another version of the same f'ing set of circumstances that we've repeated for the last decade.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good post.

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The stat that butch is 0-9 when trailing at halftime is very telling. 8-2 when tied or leading at halftime isn't much better.

7. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Never will I wish a kid an injury but if this forces them to trot Dobbs out there then so be it, it's for the best.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His first win against a ranked team was South Carolina last year.

The man can recruit but that's about it

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How? The few times Butch looked like he might not be a a completely worthless coach were with Worley. I realize he isn't a star, but there is an obvious decline when he is out. We lose Worley and Vandy might be favored against us.

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

You don't do this when you aren't winning

Did he think we would just stand by while he figured out how to coach in the SEC?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  11. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Kpt, if the QB is going to be running for his life regardless of how good he is they might as well start the QB who can actually do something with his legs.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems our genius staff likes to have our scrambler throw it 40+ times and scramble almost never. It will be a disaster.

13. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'll see if I can link it, but any thoughts on Jeff Jarnigan's rant on Facebook about people wanting Butch removed?

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Here it is

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Thanks, Macon.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"I need four full seasons" said no decent coach at a school with UT's resources. Ever.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Jarnigan can eat shit. Second rate hack.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Pretty much the 'out of the box' retort to any criticism of coaching. A little creativity and substance from that group would be appreciated.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who is Jeff Jarnigan?

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm 100% sure that Jeff Jarnigan is dumb as shit.