States refusing Syrian refugees? Pffffft.....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Nov 16, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No it didn't. The debt was never to the point of beyond manageable. Never. Never did we speak of fiscal responsibility in terms of deficit reduction. Look at the numbers. We're beyond insolvent. We'll have to default and wipe out investors to ever make the numbers manageable. Funding immigrants for votes isn't an answer.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Even the most tolerant of the Islamic countries are still extremely intolerant. The ones that aren't just randomly thrown together tribes. Still fundamentalist, anti-feminist, anti-Sunni (or shi'te), anti-Judaism, terror sponsoring psychopaths.

You could give them a marker and let them draw their own country. And next year we would have to do it again.

This is a group of people who can't even master punctuality, because God didn't will them to arrive on time.

I get the need to be invlusive, and say, hey, that's not all Muslims... but so much of it is. You are defending some of the most racist, xenophobic, women hating people on the planet. The fact that a few thousand are okay doesn't help.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They don't have immigrants? They have worse problems than Syria? Worse problems than immigrant laden countries? Colonies are immigrant riddled?

4. fl0at_

It has taken them a surprisingly long period of time to seek asylum outside their artificially created borders. They must walk slow.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What are you talking about? Countries with artificially created borders, especially resulting from colonialism, have typically had internal conflicts. Just because they don't currently rise to the level of dysfunction in Syria doesn't mean this isn't, or hasn't, been an issue throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.

6. Unimane

Syria has had issues from the beginning. This stuff didn't sprout from nowhere and it was only suppressed by a dictator in Assad. Certainly, they have their own responsibilities for the situations in Syria, but to pretend that France had no cause in the shit show isn't reality. They ****ed this up in the beginning. It's like Yugoslavia was in Europe or arbitrary borders in Africa totally ignoring ancient tribal divisions, a disaster waiting to happen.

7. fl0at_

I'm sorry are you suggesting that France was attacked because of their part in attempting to consolidate desert tribes?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Worked out well for the natives, eh?

9. Unimane

Where did I suggest this? I'm saying that the problems in Syria are the result of a few key issues, a big one being that the French set the country up completely without reference to the potentially explosive ethnic divisions they were creating in a power vacuum. This was in reference to the idea stated that France didn't create any problems in Syria because they certainly did a long time ago. France, also, as a colonial power, was probably shittier than the British were.

10. Unimane

I think this part reflects the American Indians.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm for taking care of our own homeless here first, then worry about someone else's homeless.

12. fl0at_

You didn't, I asked that. I said "are you suggesting," and then ended with a question mark. Two dead give-a-ways.

Amazing. I wonder how it managed to hold together for the Ottoman Empire, being an amalgamation of various tribes, and all. Amazing.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are going up the down escalator.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Me too. Let the ME countries handle it.

15. fl0at_

It amazes me that people will say that the Ottoman Empire ruled their collection of differing ethnic tribes with a steel fist, that's why it worked. Or that Assad held together the modern Syria, because he ruled with a steel fist.

But heaven forbid we offer to provide the new steel fist, because, whoa man. Peace.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's just a part of the human condition. Do you lament every death in the obits or do you tend to focus on the ones you know?

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Weren't the Tsarnaev brothers refugees?? Why, yes! Yes, they were... I'm not against immigration by and large but the government trying to get across the notion that everybody will be fully vetted before being allowed in is patently absurd. When (not if, but WHEN) something awful happens here in the US you can be sure the media will hold Obama blameless.

I try not to be a tinfoil hat type but the more shit like this happens, the more I start to believe there's actually something to the idea that Obama is somehow in cahoots with ISIS. Name one other President (other than the other communist Jimmy Carter...) that welcomed citizens of our sworn enemies into the country wholesale, and turned around and played the paranoid xenophobe card the minute anybody questioned the wisdom of doing so?

18. fl0at_

Syrian on Syrian violence is to American on American violence, is to Russian on Russian violence... is not the same as Syrian organized violence on the French.

With the exception of some limited acts, most events with internal actors are given cursory attention.

19. fl0at_

No.

I mean, if you wanted to go that route we'd have to say Obama is also in league with the cartel, because gangs are terrorizing the streets of U.S. cities in order to push the drug trade.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Too Fast

Too Furious