States refusing Syrian refugees? Pffffft.....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Just listened to an ABC report on the radio.
    Allegedly this woman filled out her fiance visa with an address that doesn't exist.

Kinda makes you wonder.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So the chick used a game address in her visa application and it wasn't caught.....

Yikes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

She wasn't a refugee. Guess that doesn't matter. The guns were bought legally. Probably doesn't matter either.

I said before that coming as a refugee would be one of the last ways a terrorist would get here. Visas for spouses, students, workers, and tourism are easier.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hard application process that doesn't thoroughly vet. Lovely

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is a hard application process. I've been through that exact same process with my wife and there are multiple layers in which she had to attest as well as demonstrate her status as a good citizen. I know for a fact that people are help up all the time by the vetting system, sometimes for very minor things. There were no signs that this woman was a threat at all. Her putting a bad address on the application doesn't mean the process is shitty, not to mention the fiance visa process is less stringent than a refugee visa as the fiance visa has you being vouched for by a US citizen.

6. Beechervol

Believing the system is consistent is naive at best.

The fact the address didn't exist is the problem in and of itself.

7. Beechervol

To his point, no.

8. Unimane

Believing that having an infallible running system is possible is also naive. If we have the expectation that any human run system being perfect is the required standard then we'll have nothing functioning in our society. However, is this person having a dubious address a huge issue or just something to latch upon? Because, had she shown any indication that she was some kind of radical Islamist with potential terrorist ties in any way, then I have little doubt that she wouldn't have gotten to here with that visa. Hell, getting there from Saudi Arabia on a fiance visa is really difficult anyway, only 4 were approved last year, per my understanding. She must've had a pretty pristine record up to that point.

Most of the people I've seen criticizing this point of the visa, and this isn't necessarily directed at you, haven't the faintest idea what in the hell goes into the process, but want this massive overhaul anyway. Ask any immigration lawyer if it's an easy process or one that terrorist organizations can easily exploit. So, it's not that I have "faith" in the system, it's that I know intimatel how the process works and feel fairly confident in it's overall effectiveness.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  9. Beechervol

It doesn't take too many.

Its also interesting how quick we find things in short order.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It utterly destroys the notions that "refugees are terrorists" and "they're sneaking across the border with guns." A terrorist can come here many ways, because we have a system that puts status and money ahead of the line and scrutinizes those with these things much less than a refugee. A terrorist doesn't need to smuggle in anything, they can freely purchase weapons here with no oversight.

11. Beechervol

What does any of that have to do with females being included as terrorists.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

One is too many. There maybe a few people who feel pretty bad if these immigrants kill someone.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

You really believe that it would be one of last ways? If their purpose is to get to America, they will use any way possible. Coming in as a refugee means we pay for them to come here, open the door and say here you go! This liberal way of thinking baffles me.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't just believe it, I look at all the terrorists and suspected terrorists from the ME and how they got here. Number that were refugees: zero.

I never claimed the wouldn't use any way possible, I said refugee status would be the last way.

The idea of accepting refugees is older than this country, and something encouraged by our founding fathers. It is very American. You can slap a "liberal" label on it if you'd like, but since I wear that like a badge of honor it is only serving your "group think" to do so.

It's a good thing Egypt didn't have your attitude towards refugee status, as otherwise your lord and savior would surely have been executed. Hell, I wonder how many Christians have been rescued from persecution through the US bringing them over as refugees? I personally have met 3, so there are probably thousands.

15. Beechervol

Same idea that has us talking about guns instead of terrorism.

16. Unimane

Why don't we just shut everything down, then? Stop having a subway system in big cities because the terrorists might want to bomb it. Shut down planes from international airports because terrorists might want to hijack them for a terrorist attack. Is this the conservative mindset, to piss themselves in fear over every single possible thing that might happen? No terrorist act has ever resulted from millions of refugees entering this country since 9/11. How much more secure do you need it to be?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There is over sight on fire arms but I agree with the rest

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wonder why the explosion in rapes in Europe isn't getting more mainstream media. Seems to be one hell of a real problem

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Istanbul suicide bomber registered as refugee

ISTANBUL (AP) — The suicide attacker who detonated a bomb that killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district had registered as a refugee just a week earlier, Turkish officials said Wednesday, raising questions over whether extremists are posing as asylum-seekers to inflame anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe...

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-detains-3-russians-anti-102411892.html

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What news sources do you look to? I see it constantly.