Super Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by BigOrangeBeech, Feb 29, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Literally everything. The bailouts. The ACA. Everything.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hell even his own party doesn't like him for not including them and just pushing his own agendas.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how did he compromise on the bailouts? bush already put that through before Obama got into office. the stimulus was paying back all his buddies so I'd hardly call that a compromise, quite the opposite really. the simple fact the ACA even got passed tells you he didn't compromise unless you mean in his own party.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bailouts? We spent nearly a trillion dollars on a failed stimulus package and spent tons of tax dollars to save the auto unions.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes, the republicans most definitely did not want the GM bailout.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

"failed." There were concessions made on both.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

By most report it had a negative multiplier on the dollar. I think for every dollar we spent it ended up generating 70 to 80 cents of economic activity.

The money wasn't well spent and was wasted. We wanted fast projects and was full on cronyism.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pure payoff to his union buddies. the high speed rail here in California still hasn't broken ground and still remains the dumbest idea ever and has already cost billions in research funding and payoffs.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not going to happen.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You know I am going to be glad when the election is over, and we can get back to criticizing Butch, Hart, Sab, TAFKA, et al without so many personal insults. Friendships, even those online are more worthy than any of these poor excuses for candidates. Or am I just not cut out for message board rhetoric? Anyway, I grow weary of it, and I think I will refrain from joining in unless someone posts something so unbelievably stupid I cannot restrain myself. Ya'll at least try to attack the words, not the person.

Old man rant over.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've certainly been getting angry with people (mostly in real life but some on here) that I generally respect. Can't stand Trump and can't stand the mental gymnastics people do to support him.

I guess I'm not ready to make nice.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

CA needs to go with Hyperloop anyway.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha. I saw the release. I wonder how viable it is. they'd have to put it underground or above ground i'd think.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ever notice how the guy saying the things you don't agree with sounds like a pompous ass a whole lot of the time?

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm going to like Obama a lot more when he's not POTUS.

That being said, the calling card of his Administration has not been one of compromise.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i pretty much only get personally insulted when we're talking about the normal stuff

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

as opposed to...

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

both

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Pylons, baby! Musk's original vision involves pylons and utilization of as much solar as possible. Above ground is better for the solar infrastructure.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

by above ground I meant on a platform like a monorail. i.e. not ground level. I agree it wasn't very clear.