Tenacious D: I was wrong.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 7, 2012.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Recruiting is just freaking doomed. Guy has never done it worth a damn.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Might as well hire Sab as his coordinator.

3. foxxvol

foxxvol New Member

Tennacious D

Good work on all this.

4. robvols

robvols Member

The importance of getting Tennessee blood now has reached a higher level. Put in Phil, put in Heath, put in Charles Davis

Governor Haslam has his next job lined up waiting for him.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His big boss (Cheek) OK'd the hire so I'm sure he feels safe.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I'm still proud to know you my friend. I'm also proud of our membership who have brought a new level to the words class act.

7. In the end, you bringing this to the public may do more for football and the university of Tennessee than any of us can see right now. If nothing was brought to light all of this may have been taken at face. A hire such as this doesn't make the majority of a fanbase angry, it just creates an apathetic situation which is 100 times worse. It's not a situation of being right or wrong. You sir did the correct thing. I hope all of this can come to fruition through pressure from the public. If so, this is not about who is coach. It would be about what you and a few others reported that may actually anger enough people to want to force changes in our athletic department. Apathy will never do a damn thing for a fanbase, however, anger can have more impact on future positives than any other emotion ever will. Hopefully one day you will be able to look back on this and not be under the impression you were wrong, but rather with the knowledge that you may have been able to inform enough people to actually start a movement to make changes. One day I hope you will be able to look at this, regardless of the coaching situation, and know that you had an instrumental effect in saving Tennessee football. I also thank you for bringing certain truths too us. Sorry for the long, rambling post, but I know you have started the fire under my ass when, having not been privileged with the information you provided, I simply would have been apathetic. Thank you.

8. CD12

CD12 Member

Guess it me that should be buying, brother! Did you happen to catch Haskew's latest?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Haskew or Hargis?

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Damn good post.

11. JayVols

Can we get a synopsis?

12. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

13. RNM1956

RNM1956 New Member

Completely agree. Great post!

14. CD12

CD12 Member

Haskew is saying he will have a guy on his show laying the blame on Gruden and basically calling Gruden a sorry sob.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Where is this article cd?

17. JayVols

Thanks cd.

18. When?

19. Brutus

Brutus Banned

Tenny D, you are still the man!

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If not him, someone else was going to carry that viewpoint. Has to be done.