Tenacious D: I was wrong.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

For who's benefit?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UT admin had to get this out there at some point. They know that too much is out of the bag. That's why anyone and everyone associated with the AD has been peddling a canned story about this search.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That is a ****ing shame. Ridiculous. I can't describe how much that pisses me off.

4. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

So the results are going to convey yes Gruden was interested, but it was entirely his fault that his hiring did not come to transpire, not the AD's folly ?

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I doubt that. Probably more like strung us along before telling us not interested in college. I am going to be livid if they try to smear him in all of this.

6. robvols

robvols Member

What a way to twist a story! Too bad the intelligent fans will see through all that.

7. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

Too bad we don't have an intelligent fan base.

8. robvols

robvols Member

+1

They're begging to get in line and get over it.

It won't be as easy as you think. Why support a Hart/Cheek botched up result?

9. CD12

CD12 Member

Now Haskew is saying IF we can get the coach (his source) on the show and has now called me a loser for not jumping on the Jones bandwagon. What will I ever do?

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

Count me in on the last part. Even if it was partially true you don't CYA this way.

11. robvols

robvols Member

Eff him. He has accepted mediocrity.

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

TennyD: you turned out to be wrong, but I'm certain that all the information you provided on this board was provided in good faith, and that your conclusions were reasonably drawn from the evidence you were able to gather from your various trusted sources. You put yourself out there with your predictions. You were adamant, and you didn't equivocate even a little bit. It takes a set of balls -- no matter how small they may be -- to make such a bold prediction and resolutely stick to your guns. For doing that, I give you mad props.

And even if your conclusion turned out to be wrong, through your posts I learned a lot about the present leadership at my alma mater that I wouldn't have otherwise known. And this is information that every passionate (but concerned) UT alum and fan needed to know.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Question for you TennyD:

Do you believe that the true story of this coaching search will ever be brought to light?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not TennyD, but no. I don't.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Loyalty to Gruden keeps it quiet for one.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not from a source that average Joe would believe. They would need some info from the AD IMO. You'll never hear that.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I think it stays quiet. Wish it wouldn't but it probably will.

18. all VOL y'all

all VOL y'all New Member

per usual, i'm late to the party, but i just wanted you to know that i thought this was stand-up as hell. i'm a huge fan of the community you've built here -- aka "Tenacious D and them." 8th Maxim, IMO, is another great example of why UT football is so special. keep up the great work over there, bro.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. MWR

MWR Contributor

Yep, the coaching search was a fun ride and I too am late to the party. But if Gruden was truly available to coach the Vols, then you gotta do what it takes in order to get him signed. Looks like the powers that be at UT let Vol fans down.

20. robvols

robvols Member

Calendars wide open for Saturdays in the Fall.