Tennessee's Future

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Speaks to the past too. We know why we have sucked for the past 3+ years. Hart would also explain the garbage results across the entire AD.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes being better than dooley is not the standard he needs to be measured by

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Truth

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Absurd

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really don't see how we can justify keeping Butch without wining one of the next four.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Come on. He's far superior to his predecessor.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

One? Have mercy if we go 1-3 and he isn't canned. In his make or break year he saves himself by going .250 in the games that matter.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Certainly not my wish, but 9-3 and a top 15 or so ranking would unfortunately look good enough to people to keep him here.

But that may depend on which 3. If Tennessee loses this game, it's getting extremely ugly for him.

If we had competent guys running things, Butch's termination would be announced the Monday following the Bama game if we are 4-3 or 3-4,

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I should say I'm not as sure we will go 1-3 or 0-4 as most here seem to be. We have looked terrible but none of our next theee opponents have really looked good.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd Butch Jones doesn't win 10 games and go to Atlanta, it's time to burn it down and start over.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No question

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If Butch Jones wins 9 games, he gets tenure.

14. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

What happened to our offensive line?
    We went a decade or more, and we were above average for a good many years before that, where we could just manhandle 9-10 teams on our 11 game schedule. Now we have a piss poor line and have had for years.

is it simply recruiting? If so, WTF? is it weight room and conditioning? I just find it hard to understand such a relatively fast fall from superiority to constantly struggling, year-after-year, with the likes of Ohio, Kentucky, Vandy, etc.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They were a lot better than this last season. Not great or anything but waaay better than what we've seen through 3 games

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's got to be in large part a coaching issue.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah but it was the same coaches last year too

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was bad last year until Jack Jones and Chance Hall were playing due to injury

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It wasn't all that great when we had four guys that got on NFL rosters the next season.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

http://www.campusrush.com/tennesse...-florida-gators-losing-streak-2012587880.html