The Abortion Ministry of Dr. Willie Parker

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Aug 5, 2014.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You are a citizen of this country. You are owned by this country.

Generally speaking, your mere presence in this country constitutes ownership by said country.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like it when I am not pressed against the wall, fighting off everyone with a broken cue stick.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So do they not also own the developing person?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Git back in dat kitchen ware you belong woman. U r under my athoriti... etc. etc.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm just honestly trying to understand the other side of this argument. I don't know how one gets to decide how killing and abortion are different.

6. fl0at_

With the answer to the simplest question of all: if we removed life support, would the thing in question cease living on its own?

Yes? Ok, so long as the next of kin approved the action.

No? Not ok.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is premature, malnourished, underweight life with several birth defects not still counted as life?

I know without the second party acting on the initial foundation, the second foundation 100% won't be created.

8. fl0at_

They think so, and made that decision in Roe v Wade, which has been tested and probed for more than a half a century.

9. fl0at_

Depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Google anencephaly. Be sure to look at pics.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Do you have that backwards?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1vKDM7wfiA

Can't remember how to post the actual video, but there are a few mods present, soooooo...

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Come on.

13. fl0at_

I don't believe so.

If we removed life support, would it die?

Yes: Ok to help it along (aka kill)

No: Not ok to help it along (aka not ok to kill)

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's rough stuff, but I'm not sure what it changes. We still stand with one scenario that CAN result in the final product (life outside the mother) and one which 100% CANNOT result in the 2nd foundation (fetus/baby inside mother) without being acted upon by an outside sources.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What are the chances, if we do everything we can to help the patient, that he/she is going to cease being brain dead?

What are the chances, if we do everything we can to help the fetus/baby, that it/he/she is going to come out as a living baby?

I'm not sure I see these scenarios as being comparable, in this instance.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course not. A brain dead patient has zero chance of ever recovering and all sense of consciousness has forever disappeared.

A fetus, however, is in no such shape. If allowed to grow and it has proper genetics and won't cause reactions with the mother, it will continue to grow and get bigger and improve its brain function.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I see where you are coming from now. Still, what gives you the right to decide over someone else? Whether it be developing person or life-support person.

Get him, dooz.

Also, I hope I'm never faced with life support situation unless I have express consent from said person telling me what to do.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do we mourn the 2 to 3 miscarriages every sexually active woman not on birth control has each year without know it? No. Because they aren't people.

What is your source or inspiration for considering an early fetus or embryo a person? Where did you get this notion? It isn't historical.

19. fl0at_

You cannot have a CAN scenario without the CANNOT scenario.

You just make the distinction several weeks before I do.

20. fl0at_

I don't have that right. Which is why in my previous I said depending on next of kin approval.

In the case of an abortion, that'd be the mother.