The Abortion Ministry of Dr. Willie Parker

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

This is why I stay out of the abortion fray as much as I can, if you honest to God believe it's murder, than I won't be convincing you otherwise, and vice versa. At the end of the day the conversation goes around and around and everyone ends up right back where they started.

2. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Yep

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Indeed

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How can you murder something that can't breath?

5. Joseph Brant

Depends on your take on conception, etc I suppose. I don't consider it murder, I don't consider myself "for" abortion, but a woman has the right to make that call for herself, in my book.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Don't wanna deal with the consequences, don't do the deed. We have bought into this idea, culturally, that sex is safe. As a woman you are physically allowing something to enter your body. We refuse to allow a vaccine to enter our body because we don't know it's side effects. We reject foods that are not "whole", "organic", whatever to enter our body because we don't know the union tended side effects. Yet a penis, which if its a good one, will drop a potent load of baby makers - we know that and welcome it.

Sex is fulfilling one of its main purposes when life is created. That's not the root of the problem.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

pro-life and freedom of choice are just buzz words. The actual debate is rather quite tricky, IMO.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't want me to force you to give up over 9 months of your life that will change your body forever and possibly kill you; don't have sex. Gotcha.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So now we've expanded telling people what to do with the personal lives and relationships beyond the realm of even this discussion. That's cool.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If You Don’t Want a Baby, Just Don’t Have Sex.

11. wildnkrazykat

You're a self proclaimed social liberal, I'm a conservative. We aren't going to agree on this. I think it is interesting that its the one topic that makes both sides lose their minds tho.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That's the larger percentage of the problem. Abortion is the eraser.

13. Joseph Brant

Lol.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't lose my mind on the topic. I wish there were no abortion same as you. Where we differ is that I do not think I have the right to force my belief on another person in a situation that can kill them. You think that you should have that power over them.

15. wildnkrazykat

I never said I should have power over anything.
    You and I are never gonna impact this discussion one lick.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This is the main point of the whole discussion.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

another reason this is such a tough issue, we're not even arguing the same thing

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How are you going to abolish abortion (which based upon your post is what you want to do; correct?) without the Law (power)?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I will go back to the argument about it being murder; how do you murder something that can't breathe?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it can't?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014