The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is that surprising?

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Turned out not to be him

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

[​IMG]

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said this a long while ago, but someone should photoshop that dog into a bluetick.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Extremely if true.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would be awesome.

*paging invol*

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If I'm Blackburn and don't arrive until Spring or later, I tell Butch to win the SEC in 2017 or get out. Simple.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fixed.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Coahing searches being out my best work. Time to dust the photoshop off

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

That is an insult to Jar Jar Binks. At least Jar Jar handed power to someone who would win or die trying.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Beat Vandy and high chance of the Sugar Bowl.

Lifetime contract comin

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kid n Play cover band in town on tour or something?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

All the more reason for me to hope it doesn't happen

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yup. I'm still holding out hope he leaves on his own, we just have to keep showing him how unappreciative we are of his dumb slogans

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I could take a lot of ungrateful stuff for $4 mil/per. I do that now for a mere fraction of that as a teacher now. But that's just me.

17. BigOrangeBeech

Oh I wouldnt care if they called me every name in the book for $4 mil a year. I think it bothers ole Lyle tho.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure it really does bother him as much as he acts. I think part of it is an act (basically everything Jones does is an act, attempting to buy himself more time and money) to make him seem more like a guy our fans can be sympathetic toward. I remember after Dooley lost a game, I think it was Mississippi State, the writing was pretty much on the wall that he was a dead man walking. There was some sob story about him with a picture of him looking all sad and hugging his family. Would have made the casual, uninformed fan feel bad for him. Maybe even support him getting another chance. Then you hear the stories about him not even calling Vonn Bell, being a jerk to everyone, calling a player with a serious neck issue a wimp, etc, but a lot of Vol fans never really knew about that stuff.

19. BigOrangeBeech

I can see that side of it. But I can also see it as he's infuriated with the fan base because in his mind he's rebuilt us from the ashes and has improved the win column every year, won consecutive bowl games, beat UGA twice in a row, ended the UF streak, gave us a bunch of cool slogans and we're not appreciative. I really do hope this is the case and it really does bother him. He pretty much said as much during the TN Tech game.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The meltdown next week will be epic. I think we lose.