The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

mitigated by future earnings. If we finish 9-3 and unload, I expect a smaller school would be willing to take a chance on him. I mean, Skip Holtz and Larry Coker have jobs

the biggest problem with firing Jones is not having an AD to replace him, because I sure as hell don't want Dave Hart anywhere near this mess

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The sun will rise tomorrow because no one was stupid enough to put Jones in charge of it. If he were, expect the Earth to become tidally locked to the sun in short order.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Missouri may do the trick for us. We can't stop them and I know we will botch a few drives

4. Tar Volon

Do we want Missouri to do the job, given:

(1) Butch's buyout is mitigated by future earnings (so we want him to get another job)
    (2) Dave Hart is still the AD

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Whatever it takes to get this idiot out

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

"Mitigated by future earnings" = "hey go work for free"

I guess he is pretty delusional about his ability, though, so he probably thinks he can salvage his career.

7. Tar Volon

Would rather have Butch another year than have Hart make the next hire on his way out the door

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

At this point I don't care how much/little we have to pay, I want him gone. Hart should be fired as part of a package deal.

9. Tar Volon

This is my hope. Our ideal situation (read: pipe dream) is him leaving on his own for some place that really values everything that he has to offer.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I believe we've seen ADs neutered in hiring while they are on their way out the door.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I don't see any reason not to go interim until we get new administration in place. If Dave Hart's not on board then there's the door.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just think that makes it very tough unless you have a Saban-esque hire in your back pocket.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just reduce the $100m Neyland rennovation by $12m. BOOM! Revenue neutral (actually if we win it will pay for itself).

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Some on here have eluded to the fact that he wouldn't be allowed to make the hire.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Bo Pelini approach.

16. Tar Volon

Even if he's not, would rather let the new AD make the hire. Unless we're willing to go ahead and make the AD hire, we shouldn't change coaches. Now whether we should make the new AD hire is a different question. I would say go for it

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's here in 17 whether we like or not. I'm not going to another game at neyland while he's here*

*evoke the if kids really want to go exception.

18. Tar Volon

I didn't go this season, and I'm glad (okay, so I would've loved to be at that Florida game, but I'm sure glad that when we started 4-0, I didn't buy tickets to see us against Alabama or Missouri or some crap like that)

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Hahaha

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Jalen Hurd is in the stands according to Rocky Top Insider