The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Maybe consider taking your own advice by STFU and moving on.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

[uck fay] you.

3. Ssmiff

Yep. My point is don’t run and allow stupidity to be unleashed by an underpaid and undertrained on edge group. At least one of you is calm enough to get the point.
    Saying he shouldn’t have run has literally nothing to do with saying the reaction and results are warranted. Nothing.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I mean if women don’t want to get sexually assaulted then they shouldn’t wear a revealing blouse.

Solid argument.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get your point, but if our black friends and neighbors run I fully understand why and it isn't just because of bad judgement. It's because they are scared and don't think they will receive justice or fair treatment. Because they far too often don't. No, he shouldn't have run but part of convincing a person that they shouldn't run will be making sure justice is dolled out on any wrongdoing here so that the next person who runs isn't hurt and then the person after that knows they can expect humane treatment and avoid an extra charge by not running. See what I mean? The solution begins with stopping the brutality under any circumstances, thus allowing people to grow trust that they won't be brutalized.

SetVol13 and VolDad like this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

When I tell my son to come here to do something and he runs into another room because he doesn't want to. I make sure to beat the everloving shit out of him. It's his fault because he didn't comply.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The police are to protect the citizenry. The people the police pull over are (generally) citizens. Running should NEVER include the chance of being shot, unless that person is known to be on the verge of committing a violent act in that moment.

Yes, not running will save you the chance of that happening, I agree. Just like if I don't eat raw eggs, the chances of me getting salmonella go way down.

But getting shot for running should never be on the table. This isn't Judge Dredd or 'Nam.

End of my part in this discussion.

SetVol13, VolDad and IP like this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Congrats on being an adult by beating the shit out of your son to within an inch of his life for not listening to you.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Your statement indicates you support state agents using unnecessary force to the point of killing someone without trial. What did you expect with your statement, Herr Ssmiff?

10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t know exactly what happened here but saying just don’t run is silly. Running is not a threat to cops. And regardless I’ve seen plenty of videos where all it took was the wrong word or wrong look to send a cop over the edge. Cops that do shit like this will usually find a way.

11. Ssmiff

all good points but blacks are pulled over all day everyday without incident. All races. And if/when any of them fight and flee, results could be bad.
    I don’t know how pulled over run because they have a reason to, how many run due to panic and how many really fear for their lives and think running will help.

12. Ssmiff

Why is telling people not to run, silly? Since when did not fleeing from the police become accepted and suggesting not to run is “silly”.
    Bassakwards.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

What I was trying to get at is that it is not rational to run. It is a fear/panic thing. So just telling people "don't" isn't meaningful. It isn't a reasoned response so you can't reason them out of it. Contrary to "common sense," fear and negative reinforcement isn't actually that effective in getting good responses/behavior, and that is what is triggering people to run/panic rather than face the system and any consequences.

14. Ssmiff

this is dooz level bullshit. Reread without bias. Or don’t. Not sure you are capable of this is what you gathered from “don’t run and allow the increased chance of stupidity by and undertrained and edgy cop.”

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Quotation marks have meaning. You trotted out the tired old, "just obey" argument.

16. Ssmiff

again I understand. I still point out the people pulled over every day from all races without incident. More than likely a big reason is because they didn’t run. Running causes trouble which could have been avoided by not running.
    Like the whole nothing good happens at 3 am. Bad shit happens at 3 AM. Doesn’t mean people deserve it when it does by saying it’s avoidable.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

All 5 Officers fired. Video to be released next week. It must be bad.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

To be straight up fired? Yeah. That is almost unheard of.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably not a good idea to run from the cops but even if you do you should never end up in a body bag unless you are firing shots or putting others lives in serious jeopardy. It's just ridiculous how far over the line these cops go anymore. We have a major problem with training or vetting our officers. This shit should not happen.

SetVol13, lumberjack4, VolDad and 2 others like this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They are about to take some serious beatings in the clink.