The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I happened to catch a glimpse that one of them had a civil suit filed against him as a prison guard by an inmate in 2016.

2. CardinalVol

That Memphis, of all cities, is handling this the correct way is amazing in and of itself.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're trying to defuse a bomb, can't take any chances

4. CardinalVol

Again, that Memphis is still doing this correctly is amazing.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Tell me you lived in West Tennessee without telling me you lived in West Tennessee.

6. CardinalVol

I love the city. The older I get the more I appreciate it. But let's not be naïve that sometimes (often) they are their own worst enemy.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Mom still lives in house I grew up in off Hickory Hill. I hate going back. Her neighborhood is flat out unsafe but she won’t budge.
    Growing up in 70’s/80’s memphis was a good time. Ride our bikes for miles. Neighborhoods with all flavors of soft tacos.
    I don’t know what happened, outside of the Ford family politicians causing division. Mainly Harold Sr.

8. CardinalVol

Video will be released after 6pm tomorrow. Weekend riots are better than during week riots.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Portland better get ready. It sounds like it's really really bad. These cops are going away for a long time.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh boy, the whole "don't run from the police" thing is a complete non sequitur. He was already running for his life after they pulled him out of his car and were shouting conflicting things to him while leaning on him, tazing, and pepper spraying. He had no chance, they were out of control.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Police accidentally pepper spraying themselves while spraying him repeatedly, and getting mad and taking it out on him. All on film.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am just not sure I can watch it. That kind of thing sticks with me too deeply.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The initial stop, they pulled him from the car and had him sitting/reclining on the ground against a car. They were yelling and threatening for him to lay on his stomach, but one of them had his leg, another was gripping his forearm that he was leaning on, and his head was at the car. They proceed to spray him for not rolling over while stopping him from being able to do so. Then he went into "run mode," they hit with a tazer but it clearly didn't find skin and he ran down the street. Eventually one tackled him, then others came and immediately began kicking and punching him while he was on the ground. one came up and punted his head while 2 others were holding him. He was shouting for his mother repeatedly during this sequence. It was madness. They were out of control.

14. CardinalVol

Yup. That’s murder. No if and or buts.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

Shit I don’t blame him for running. That dude was running for his life.

justingroves likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thoughts?

The Dooz likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wonder how many people these guys have beaten the shit out of that's been swept under the rug until this incident that finally went too far? I highly doubt that all 5 of them just decided on the same day to beat the shit out of a defenseless guy on camera for the first time ever.

VolDad and IP like this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have a friend who knows a lawyer and so on and so on.....friend of a friend rumor mill sort of thing. Anyway, the word through those channels was it was, basically, a gang hit. These cops were also in a gang and the victim was an informant of some sort. They confiscated the cops' phones and discovered the talk about getting the dude. Going to be a mess, no matter what the truth is.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That would be a wild twist.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They sure did act like there was something else going on.