The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bob Neyland Jr.

Son of the General.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sports talk caller Roger

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Stuttering Roger?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Yep

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn. That [uck fay]ing sucks. Spent many days in high school with Roger playing in our pick-up basketball games and my wife worked with him when she was a tutor for the special ed class he was in. Any idea what happened?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

No, sounds like he went south quick. He was probably on the vulnerable side, I’d say. there wasn’t a better person on earth

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This [uck fay]ing sucks.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Looks like time is running out for Tom Sizemore. It’s borderline miraculous that he made it to 2023.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. NorrisAlan

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This has had me messed up all week. Roger was great. I'm glad I had the opportunity to know him as a friend for several years. He was the kind of person that never had a bad day and I don't know that I ever saw him when he was in a bad mood. Always happy and excited to be involved with whatever we were doing. Shit like this makes you wonder why people like him get dealt a shitty hand in life.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I imagine Roger had some form of autism. Their hearts are amazing.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this is the type of thing I contemplate often. Reality is, Roger was more than likely happier than any of us. His mind works differently. Not the same stresses. No anger. Thankful. That’s a better life than most.

ole_orange likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Roger was definitely the last guy to want a coach fired, lol. He just didn’t want to say anything bad about anybody. I’m pretty sure he also told Hat to quit drinking so much on the air, too

ole_orange and IP like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

He has now passed.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Exactly how I see it. In a spiritual sense, Roger had more of an abundance of wealth and riches than most millionaires will never obtain for themselves. Roger was beneath the Earthly concerns that has 99% of everyone else-including me-who are forever stuck in this mental rat race of a trap we consider "part of life".

Not to get all theological or anything because I understand we all subscribe to different beliefs (or no beliefs/indifference to anything at all), but I believe angels like Roger are inserted into our lives to help teach all of us "normal" people heavenly lessons about life's true meanings and blessings.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Everyone should get the opportunity to know at least one "Roger" in their life.

ole_orange, PilotFlyingJ and Ssmiff like this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Gary Rossington - last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I agree. I was blessed by being born into a family where my oldest brother was extremely special needs.

Poppa T likes this.