The Get Ben Howland's Phone Number Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 18, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Alicia Haluska sang the Anthem. It was far better than the product on the floor.
    2. The first half was an affront to every player who ever put it on the line for Tennessee basketball. If the players have even a modicum of pride, they are ashamed of themselves.
    3. The coaching staff should also be embarrassed. The lack of proper preparation and intensity was staggering.
    4. T.J. Warren is one of my favorite players in the country. He doesn't do anything spectacularly, but he does a whole lot of things very well.
    5. Antonio Barton replacing Trae Golden has been a real panacea. I wonder where all the people who were so excited about that exhange are now.
    6. Even with Jordan Vandenberg saddled with foul trouble, Jarnell Stokes got smothered on a regular basis. His lack of lift from a two footed start is readily apparent.
    7. 24 three point attempts, most off less than two passes, is an insane number for this roster. It shows an absolute lack of offensive discipline.
    8. The interior defense is staggeringly soft. State did most of their damage within ten feet of the basket.
    9. Jeronne Maymon posted some nice superficial numbers. He still left several points on the table with point blank fumbles and misses.
    10. This season is officially off the rails. I see no reason at this point to expect it to get any better.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Howland would be my first call. He fits the way we can recruit.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Said the same thing discussing the coaching situation with someone today. Do we think Howland could recruit here? And, what's your read on what happened with him at UCLA?

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Would Gregg Marshall listen at all?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

with howland, i wish i had one shred of confidence this administration would even think about thinking about looking in that direction

6. hatvol96

No.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hat, would you mind starting a coaching search thread with perhaps your top 5 possible targets? The end is clearly nigh. This roster is good enough to be a top 25 team, and we're just going to back in to the NIT yet again.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

At this rate, the wheels could completely fall off. I see no reason to think that's a lock. We can't do shit.

9. hatvol96

Howland was cleaning up in Atlanta his last couple of years at UCLA. He wasn't flashy and didn't kiss the L.A. AAU crowd's ass. Those are the reasons it fell apart for him at UCLA.

10. hatvol96

I agree. If tonight becomes the norm, they won't finish at .500.

11. hatvol96

Do you want the guys I'd call or the guys I think UT would pursue?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure I want to see those lists side by side.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think he would be an obvious choice to look at. I think they will. They didn't ignore obvious targets in the football search; they just didn't hire the one that many thought they should.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Let's go with both.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm at [ddiapos] 2012 mode when I watch the games with total indifference towards the result. I find myself, at times, rooting for us to lose in order to speed up the process. Martin is [ddiapos] minus the [Penis] and OCD towards irrelevant shit part.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Both. Let the sun shine on what the biggest problem at UT is.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I have no interest in UT hoops. I didn't even look at tonight's game...not even sure who we played. I watched ****ing Mary Poppins. Well, didn't watch, but it was on in the background and I could have changed the channel.

The entire Martin era has been forgettable.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not a true fan, imo, jmo, gbo.

19. hatvol96

Me:

1. Ben Howland.
    2. Scott Skiles.
    3. Larry Eustachy.
    4. Buzz Williams.
    5. Lawrence Frank.

What I Think UT Will Do: