The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meh. Those records don't mean much to me unless we dive into the games. SoS could affect what those records mean.

Durant won less than 50 games a number of times in OKC. And it's not like we've really had an opportunity to judge whether your statement is true since he left for GS.

The Thunder were really bad until they drafted the other young guys (Russ, Harden, etc.). The didn't jump to 50 wins until after that happened.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So I guess some people think we are getting the 2 best teams in the NBA matched up in round 2 with Bucks/Celtics.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

To be fair, Russ's injuries are much easier to remember because his team mattered

4. NashVol11

Defending champs with the best player vs. the best defense and best team this calendar year. Hope it lives up to the hype

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So much puckerage.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A-Smith likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Chris Paul is the definition of valuable.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Last night was a big night. Chris Paul went full Point God, Doc and the 76ers avoided disaster, and Luka got his first playoff series win of his career. Good times.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do tickets for future games work if those games never end up happening? Like if I bought tickets to game 7 of Bucks/Celtics, but one team closes it out in 6, so I just get my money back?

10. NashVol11

Yes, you should. I had tickets to Nets-Celtics Game 6 lol and got a refund (though if you get it from StubHub or another reseller, check your email because they may try to give you a voucher by default unless you call them)

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Interesting.

Boston/Milwaukee definitely interests me more, but Boston is either a 6.5 hour drive or a flight. Philly/Miami interests me less but is also much closer/easier to do.

Or, I could save my money and hope that Philly makes the conference finals. Though I'm sure those ticket prices will be outrageous.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who wants to go to Game 1 of Celtics/Bucks? Anyone up that way?

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I never expect happiness in sports, but glory to Memphis!

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Joel Embiid out indefinitely with an orbital fracture and concussion sustained while Philly was up 29 with 4 left in the game.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Doc had to be sure it was over. REAL sure.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I would think eventually people would stop hiring him, but here we stand

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Lakers probably submitted their offer shortly after the news broke.

justingroves and tvolsfan like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wanted to go to game 7, but I fly out to Arizona for a meeting the day after, so it just wasn’t going to work.

So game 1, here we come!

Definitely gonna roll in wearing Tennessee gear. I’m an anti-jersey guy, but we may both buy Grant Williams jerseys when we get there. Is it okay because he’s younger than me? It feels like I can make that claim to justify it.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

As an absolute Lakers hater, I’d be thrilled. But even they aren’t that stupid