The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[uck fay]ing Boston, man. I can buy a Kemba Walker jersey or a Gordon Hayward jersey, neither of whom even play for the Celtics anymore, but there are no Grant Williams jerseys to be found. Hell, I can get a damn Enes Kanter jersey. That’s not even his name anymore!

I’m disappointed.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Giannis is an enormous human being.

NashVol11 likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Both teams feel a little lazy on D. Almost like it was a 1pm start time on a Sunday.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh shit, that injury looked ROUGH.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don’t know if we’ll win the series, but that was a great “Remember, we’re the [uck fay]ing champs “ game.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Agreed, it stands out more in person

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Could have just been an off game from Boston, but I don’t know. The Bucks just looked like the superior team. It was a relatively easy win, and Giannis didn’t even play that great.

Boston got 2 fouls on Jrue Holiday early but then didn’t really attack him after that. Then they got 4 on Giannis (well, Giannis picked up two dumb fouls back to back to get to 4 total) late in the 3rd, and they didn’t really attack him after that either. Seemed like a mistake each time.

Refs were bad the entire game. Boston settled for 3 after 3 after 3. Neither defense looked particularly stout, which made the poor offensive showings all the more perplexing.

My gut tells me that Boston is a bit overrated coming out of the Nets series. The Nets may just not be that good. Maybe it was lack of cohesion. Maybe KD was worn down from playing so many minutes. Maybe, despite the sweep, all the games were actually close, and it wasn’t as much of a blowout as it seemed. Regardless, it seemed clear today that the bully ball method they employed against KD just won’t work against Giannis.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, damn, I picked the wrong game to go to today. Lol that Memphis/GSW game looked nuts.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Bucks playing a mediocre Game 1 is pretty normal for them. Giannis is one of the few players who can have a triple double on a night he didn't play great. I think Boston believed in their greatness a little too much coming into today's game and forgot the Bucks, this year, are far more mentally and physically tougher than the Nets. I expect them to adjust.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He was loose with the ball all game and failed to finish at the rim a number of times, which was surprising. My guess is that won’t continue as the series goes on.

Holiday played well, imo. Didn’t shoot it super efficiently but made a number of big shots in key moments. Played smart once he picked up his second foul, and his defense was solid throughout.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, Marcus Smart was annoying to watch. Lots of flopping, faking injury, etc.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think we are gonna go to game 4 of Philly and Miami. Best to just buy tickets now? I’m sure they’ll just go up as we get closer to the game, right?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like this point from Wildes. I caught some death stares for my involuntary reaction to that Giannis dunk, but dude was cool as a cucumber and just kept grinding.

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

For a weekend game, I would. That's what happened for Game 3 in Brooklyn, prices started out reasonable and then went crazy in the last couple of days before the game

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Paid SIGNIFICANTLY less for these than what the Celtics/Bucks tickets cost. Like, almost half as much, which seems crazy. Seats aren't quite as good, but they're not significantly worse either.

Makes me wonder if people are holding off to see if/when Embiid comes back.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We were gonna buy a Grant Williams jersey yesterday, then buy a Tobias Harris jersey Sunday and have each of us wearing one at the game. But the Celtics' store literally just doesn't sell Grant Williams jerseys, which is strange to me. Didn't want to pay extra to expedite shipping on the Williams jersey, so the idea is dead. Guess I'll just be wearing UT stuff again lol

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Mesmerizing.