The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Westbrook with the triple double on 4/20 shooting. Lmao

LeBron goes 39-9-7, and the Lakers still lose to Brooklyn with no Kyrie or KD.

Yikes.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think he meant "in" thing to say.

Indy and IP like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Go Grizz go.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Lakers suck, but LeBron is quietly having one of his best statistical seasons of his career. Averaging more ppg than he has since 2010 (and on 52% shooting), and, in response to one of his biggest weaknesses, shooting his highest percentage from the free throw line of his career.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

His raw numbers are up because his minutes are up, but in terms of advanced stats he’s had much better seasons than this.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You better put on a helmet

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. NashVol11

Lol I’m a LeBron fan too and it’s impressive that he is playing more minutes at 37, but IMO he’s fallen off ever so slightly and isn’t the #1 best player in the world anymore. Still top 5 for me though

9. Ssmiff

It's amazing his body can take it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Up compared to what? His last few seasons? Sure. But if I’m reading correctly, it’s his 13th highest season, from a mpg perspective.

“Much better” may be a bit of a stretch. Top 6 season in FG %, top 3 in 3pt %, and #1 in FT %, etc. Not saying it’s his best season by any means, and I’m tempted to agree that he’s not the best player in the world anymore (though let’s see how the season and playoffs play out).

But it’s year 19. He’s not supposed to be this good. It’s crazy that he’s still performing at this level.

11. Ssmiff

Derozans shot down 1 I believe is why I can't watch as much nba. Not into unnecessary bs video game shots

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Huh? "Unnecessary"?

13. Ssmiff

plenty of time on the clock, down 1. If a UT player does the same thing, fire up the fire Barnes wagon.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not sure I get your complaint. 5 seconds left, they tried setting a screen so he could drive, and the Pacers defended it well. It’s not like they got the ball with 30 seconds left.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, LeBron’s minutes certainly weren’t up for last night’s performance. Lol

16. NashVol11

Weird complaint, but it’s funny to me that the NBA has “too many video game shots” when there are barely any but you like college football BECAUSE of its junk video game offenses/schemes and the “diversity” that brings.

“I don’t like video game offense. That’s why my favorite sport is college football” is pretty hilarious

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    InVolNerable likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

I'm not concerned about you agreeing. If you don't think nba basketball has run off a lot of hoops fans due to their game, you aren't paying attention. And if you think that's a good shot when you get the ball with 8 seconds, we won't agree because we watch games differently.

18. NashVol11

By advanced stats I didn't mean FG% , I meant the below for example. Still crazy what he's doing, but peak LeBron isn't getting bounced in Round 1 like this team very well may.

2021-22
    Player Efficiency Rating: 25.8
    True Shooting %: .622
    Win Shares per 48 Minutes: .196
    Box Plus-Minus: 7.7

2008-09
    PER: 31.7
    TS%: .591
    WS/48: .318
    BPM: 13.2

19. NashVol11

There were 5 seconds when he got to the frontcourt, no clear lane to the rim and the NBA blocks leader just standing there waiting for you. DeRozan's strength is midrange anyway, other than being contrarian and complaining about 3s in general I'm not sure what the issue is

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. NashVol11

"You're supposed to go 1-on-4 to the rim in 3 seconds, come on!! Or set up one of those amazing Vucevic midrange jumpers!"

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 1.02.56 PM.png