The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Keep bringing this shit. They gonna push to finish top 3? Ja a legit MVP candidate?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

40, 29, 21
    40, 28, 22
    40, 27, 23
    40, 26, 24
    40, 25, 25

No 20.

NashVol11 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And this is, essentially, what he does. I originally said he goes off for 40-50. A more accurate representation would probably be 38-48. But still, the point stands.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Page 553 of this thread may be the funniest page in any thread on this entire board.

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is that when you claimed Durant was as fast, strong and athletic as Pippen?
    Durant is a guard stuck in a 7'0 body who can elevate over everyone with his height and wingspan. Comparing them as athletes sums up what you see on the court

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Point to the post where I said Durant is as fast and as strong as Pippen. I'll wait.

7. Ssmiff

"Durant is equal to if not a better athlete than Pippen". Now you say Durant isn't as fast or strong.
    And you talk about others talking in circles. If you aren't including speed and strength as aspects of an athlete, I dont even want to ask what you consider.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have made zero comments on the speed comparison. Haven't said Durant is slower, haven't said he's faster. You're just making shit up.

I don't think Durant is as strong as Pippen was. I don't think he has to be in order to be just as good of an athlete.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

“I don’t think Durant has to be better at any athletic things to be a better athlete”

justingroves likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

This is an all time midget fight

11. Ssmiff

Dude you posted "Durant is as good as or better athlete than Pippen". Now you say someone doesn't need to be faster and stronger to be considered a better athlete.
    My question again is if you dont consider strength and speed when describing someone as an athlete, what words do you use

12. JohnnyQuickkick

they’re both better mathletes than smiff

Ssmiff and justingroves like this.
  13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Bird dropped 38 on Pippen’s head, granted Pippen was a rookie but Bird was getting old by then. Next matchup an even older Bird had 33. I’m not worried about KD

Indy likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Who isn't but my avg discussion was 3 game span and spun into an indy web of confusion

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What is the average margin of victory?

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My view of athleticism is nuanced. It differs from sport to sport and situation to situation.

Basketball athleticism is pretty unique compared to other sports because you don't see 7+ foot tall dudes playing any other sport. What Durant is able to do athletically in his body/frame is crazy. He's 7 feet tall with the coordination, agility, body control, and handle of a 6'4 guard. Obviously he's not as athletic now as he was earlier in his career, but this idea that he can't be as athletic as Pippen because Pippen is stronger is just ridiculous.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hell, I'd probably even be willing to concede that Pippen is more athletic than Durant by some sort of inconsequential margin, simply because I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever in the conversation at hand. In a 7 game series with Pippen guarding him, Durant is gonna get the same 30, on average, that he has gotten when literally anyone else has guarded him.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Are talking about playing by the rules of when Pippen played? If so…

Get 30? Sure.

Get the same 30? Absolutely not, it would be a wildly inefficient 30

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

NBA multiverse inception.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"Wildly" feels like an overstatement.

I honestly don't think the 96 rules affect Durant super significantly. I think they'd impact Curry more.