The New Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Again, he's not the best ever, not to mention the fact that he's 40 and had his foot out the door.

Otherwise, I do think the fight was stopped a bit premature, but, generally, boxing matches stop when the guy is deemed unable to defend himself and McGregor was simply standing there, getting tagged, without throwing anything back.

Boxing people, not apologists, respect the skill and talent of Mayweather, while not really enjoying his often lifeless fights. I don't know why it's so hard to understand that he was never going to be a guy who bullied and beat up a guy 20 pounds heavier (Another point to mention) in a matter of a couple of rounds. He never does this in any of his fights. He doesn't even knock anyone down.

"Winning rounds" means dog shit, too, if he was just throwing the first few away to set him up for the KO later. If a neutral observer wants to believe it means something, then they are free to be as wrong as they'd like. They were stupid enough to believe a boxer who paces himself in every single fight is going to suddenly going to turn into a prime killer like Pacquiao. Yeah, I'd prefer a boxer with more action, but, if they aren't willing to understand how the sport really works, then **** 'em.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He tagged Mayweather pretty good a few times. It wasn't ever really in doubt, but I think he shocked Mayweather at the start.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Thanks

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

And Mayweather talked Conor up after the fight too.

6. NashVol11

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20523028/why-praising-conor-mcgregor-losing-floyd-mayweather

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This would have to be the only Mayweather fight I have seen to believe that horseshit.

8. NashVol11

I think it absolutely is true that Floyd was in control the entire time and that McGregor had no power behind his punches.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

McGregor looked awful in the limited time I watched. Like a drunk child trying to box. Or maybe one of those celebrity boxing matches Fox used to put on. Hard to believe he was ever a legit threat to a world class boxer.

10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Caleb Plant on ShoBox tonight. Hell of a card overall.

11. GahLee

Lol @ boxing

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Once again, boxing steps on its own [penis]. GGG won that fight, no doubt. 118-110 for Alvarez?

13. GahLee

I don't know what that man was watching.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Woman.

15. GahLee

Well that explains it. I watched the fight onl8ne after it was over. The video I watched sort of skipped parts here and there but from what I saw it was a good fight and a close one bit I thought GGG out worked Canelo almost throughout the entirety of the fight.

118-100 would have been a joke for GGG, it's unacceptable for Canelo.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's my perception of the sport, inaccurate as it may be

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Alvarez isn't really a killer. GGG is a killer.

18. Joseph Brant

True. Though I think GGG relishes getting hit even more than he likes hitting people.

19. NashVol11

McGregor vs. De La Hoya, probably won't happen, but who wins? I say Oscar.

20. Joseph Brant

I would love to see McGregor win, simply because of how crooked Golden Boy Productions is.