The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like the Dooley coming out in her.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just a phase. Just keep up what you're doing. It'll sink in eventually. If not, you have a long parenthood. Keeding. It'll be fine.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are very few things in my life that bother me more than patents who let their kids walk over them. It's 1000 times worse when it's a dad. Grow a damn pair.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

My philosophy was polished by havings dogs before kids. If a nine iron cant cure it, nothing can.

5. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I drowned 67,575,006,042,757 of my kids none survived .

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Seasoned [penis] beaters right there

7. possumslayer

keep your mouth closed and but cheeks tight while swimming in the elk river.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Up at 6:30 on a Sunday morning watching Yo Gabba Gabba with my daughter.

Strangest. Show. Ever.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pisses me off as well

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I deal with this type every day

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

When I tell my 3 year old to jump, he asks me "How High?"... For some reason my wife doesn't think it's as awesome as I do.

I also get weird looks for correcting my children in public to say "sir" or "ma'am"... Worries me when I'm going to have to pop one of them on the ass in public.

I tend to correct other people's kids too, which has gotten me some dirty looks.

12. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Am an old fart now with a daughter pregnant with our first grandchild. But when she was 6-7 years old she had a bad habit for blaming an imaginary friend named "David" for doing the bad stuff. She claimed never to do it herself, but always David did it. One day we were headed out somewhere and started discussing something that she had done to tear something up at home. She blamed David again.

I smiled at my wife beside me to let her know, jerked the car to a stop in the middle of the road (less traveled side street), got out of the car, jerked open the door of the empty seat beside our daughter, grabbed "David" and threw him across the street, and yelled at him to never come back and bother our family again because he was mean and bad. Got back in the car and drove on. Our daughter sat in the back seat with her eyes and mouth wide open for quite awhile.

No more David. Nothing was ever said again about David until her first boyfriend paid a visit.

13. WM

WM Active Member

I average getting sick maybe once a year and it's usually some upper/lower respiratory cold or infection. In a span of about a month i am now sick for the second time because of my son Snotasaurus keeps vollying back and forth this nasty crap. God bless him though.

14. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Same thing here... kid started pre-school this year in August, we've had exactly 1 week of no sickness in my house since he started. It jumps from one to another.

The wife is currently in the process of spraying down the entire house with bleach.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We're working on "sir" and "ma'mm" too. Trying to generally start the rules of being a good lil' southern boy.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My great grandfather had a large wooden cane he would hit you with if you didn't say ma'am or sir to either he or my great grandmother. No one was safe from that cane. I learned early.

I'm not joking either, my dad and my uncles got it a few times that I can remember.

17. possumslayer

great story !LMAO

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Living in another, similar circle of hell known as bammer, I worry almost constantly that either my 10 year old girl or 9 year old boy will become bamer fans. I could probably live with and strongly dislike a turn toward Auburn, but the other might just do me in.

19. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

my boys think clothing is the devil. There are days I swear I have to redress them 10 times, and its not just down to their drawers, its the full monty. Im hoping it passes soon, because it seems anytime we have guests, it never fails that a tiny white rear end will come streaking through from the bathroom

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I have a one year old with chickenpox and a 2.5 year old with bronchitis. I've gotten no sleep but at least got some good amount of film watched.