The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No doubt.

The first thing my wife wanted me to do when we got settled into our room was for me to turn on the basketball game. She's a keeper.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good luck guys. Embrace the grey hairs you're about to get. It's the best thing that ever happened to you, but you also only thought you had worries. I've been to children's twice this week already with sicklings. I'm not an emotional guy but I've cried my way home both times.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't lock your knees.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Chief not doing any better?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

At times. O2 levels are still low.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Been in the room for 8 hours, she's at 4 cm. I've gotten zero sleep and bored as hell. My family and the in-laws look like the Beverly Hillbillies hanging out in the waiting room.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Anything new?

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

She's at 5 now. Epidural didn't take, so she had about an hour and a half of hellacious contractions which caused her bp to spike and the baby's heart rate to drop. Everything is fixed and all is well and she is sleeping like a baby. I've been up 27 straight hours with no end in sight.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just wait till he/she gets here and you really won't sleep.

Glad to know everything's going well now

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thankfully for kiddo #1 I had Kiffin leaving the night before to keep me occupied until showtime.

For kiddo #2 she didn't have time for an epidural, and at one point I thought she had broken my thumb squeezing so hard.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Healthy baby boy born at 9:33. It went from being at 5 to "holy shit time to push" in record time. Everything went great.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Congrats utv#

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thanks, lm.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have you taught him to say "Go to Hell, Alabama" yet?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congratulations

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

big congrats.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Wife is 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. Seems like it goes by fast.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

We are looking for my oldest son's first car ... turns 16 this summer. Yes it goes by fast ... very fast.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Regular cab ford ranger imo.

Cheap and not enough room to get more than one or two other people in it.

Buy him something kind of junky.

My first was a 79 Ford Bronco. I beat that thing to pieces. I bought 35" super swampers from a yard sale, cut my fenders with a grinder so I could steer and thought it was bad ass.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Lol ... he wants an 85 CJ7 so that's what we are looking for. Something in decent shape that we can do some work on. His mom wants him to have a civic but he's been pretty defiant with that concept.