The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Damn dude, your house sucks right now.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Told my wife since we were awake last night, cough cough. But she wasn't having it. So no, the house doesn't suck if that's what you were implying.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Found out yesterday it will be a girl. My wife was a liiiiiiiiittle upset with how disappointed I was. I am a little shocked at it to to be honest. I was more emotionally investing in convincing myself it would be a boy than I am about Gruden.

Anyway, they also said everything looked good; fingers, toes, etc.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I wanted a boy so bad when our girl was born. I can tell you this, there is nothing like a Daddy's Girl. Nothing.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I am sure the feeling will pass. That being said I was honestly very surprised at how let down I was. Time to begin buying even more guns I suppose.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I had the same feeling. And it does pass. Congrats by the way.

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Thanks man. Filled with excitement and a healthy does of terror.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both only get stronger. Haha.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congrats and NY is right, they both get stronger.

10. all VOL y'all

all VOL y'all New Member

11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Totally agree. Now that Daddy's girl is grown up, married and pregnant - she is still Daddy's girl. Never could I have imagined in a million years the bond. Even with the man she picked to be her husband she honored us. What a blessing. I turn to mush just thinking about it.

Proud for you NYY and all the dads on The 8th. I know you will do it right and will reap the rewards.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

We have a 5 yr old and a 2yr old. Both girls, my 5 yr old never had the "Terrible 2's" but this 2 yr old is hell on wheels I tell ya. She has a temper out of this world ! Maybe it's the little sister effect but shes about to drive us crazy.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At the hospital and they're about to induce my wife. Shit's about to get real.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is this number one or do you know what to expect?

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

My twin girls are both measuring 6 pounds right now at 34 weeks. Doctor wants my wife to make it 2-3 more weeks but she is about to pop. I'm predicting I'll be holding my two precious baby girls before Valentine's Day. Good luck 0427!

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Number one.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good luck, it's the best thing that will happen to you

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congratulations

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's right. While she was in labor, I got to watch my wife curse her mother, and our daughter is/was pretty awesome too.