The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lord, throwing one's entire financial security on the whims of Elon Musk's twitter discipline.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's got like $5 mil in unrealized capital gains so he thinks he's a genius. this time last year testla was trading 3 times sales. now it's at 25. that and bitcoin just have to be the next bubble

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The geniuses and the greedy fools will be sorted out, sooner or later. I can't imagine not selling on both right now. I did, on Tesla but I just had a single share.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's trading 3 times the market cap of toyota. you are betting it will be the biggest auto company in the world by a decent margin. it's nuts, but that doesn't stop people.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There is no t. It's just tesla. It's actually named after a famous guy, who was named Tesla.

droski likes this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i knew that. brain fart

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wha...wha....WHY? Why are they even more than 25% invested in the stocks anyway? At 80? Unless they already have a large annuity and serious permanent income. But damn, I would never have 90% of my money in any one thing.

That's insane.

NOTE: I know nothing about economics, this statement may cause nausea, diarrhea, and pounding headaches. Do not read if you know economics, it may cause severe ulcers and confusion of the mind.

8. fl0at_

I think it's time to do the right thing here. Convince the old man droski is family, have him sign over all assets, and then promote indoor dining in Vegas.

droski likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's got a bunch of apartment buildings, so it's not his only net worth, but it's still unbelievably stupid. lots of these guys who built businesses think they are infallible. i've never run into one that took this kind of risk though.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know a guy who's borderline psychotic on Tesla running the world in 5 years

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bitcoin over 38k. So i was thinking this morning, you coulda taken 100k out of your 401k or sep a few months ago, without penalty, bought 11 bitcoins at 9k each and had over 400k worth this morning. Makes me wanna puke

justingroves likes this.
  12. fl0at_

That's the end goal of a lot of people in tech.

13. fl0at_

I sold my ethereum in November because I thought the price was too high, and now it is tripled. (It's a cheaper coin that usually follows bitcoin value.)

Still glad I got out, because I still think it's a bubble, and once bitcoin drops it will too.

14. fl0at_

Jesus, even my dogecoin, the Mexican peso of crypto, is up pretty high. Comparatively. I mean, it's still 0.01 a coin, but I have a lot of it.

15. fl0at_

And I am now out of crypto. Bubble pop.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah im on a text thread with some guys who are always throwing the new ones out. Im just in Btc and tezos. If tezos makes a run, a big group who invested in a fund a guy started will make out well. I bet they have 300,000 coins between 10 of them and got in for a little over $1. Have another buddy who pulled everythung in the market and had the balls to put it on bitcoin when it was 8k. He is a millionairre now. Again. Pukeworthy. I just have never had the guts to take the big risks

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Dogecoin is literally a shit coin with no purpose. I don't know why people are buying it.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Same reason dot.com stocks of companies that literally made zero income skyrocketed at the end of the 90's. People buy into the field, not caring whether it makes sense or not because they are stupid. I would think that usually means the bubble is close to popping.

19. fl0at_

It is a highly used tipping coin, where you can show gratitude without actually having it cost you anything much.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I view them more as an energy company than a car company.

They're just using the car to market their battery system