The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when it’s universally believed you know that’s a problem.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you couldn’t have taken it out without penalty. . .

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hope he’s thanked Jesus he got lucky and sold and isn’t continuing to put all his money in it. That’s a recipe for bankruptcy long term. Amateurs thinking they can outthink guys getting paid millions who do it for a living always makes me laugh. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen blow themselves up after making big money on bubbles.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Isn’t their battery system supposed to suck?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's not coming out as soon as people had expected

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he’s never delivered anything on time

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

didn't the gov't pass something that allowed up to 100k without penalty during the pandemic?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you still had to pay ordinary income taxes

9. Ssmiff

nah he'll be alright. He was already a millionaire. Now he's a bitcoin millionairre. has a 1 million dollar house here, 1 million beach house and land in NC near a golf course in the mountains. He just decided to get out of the market. He's still got the bitcoins and gonna ride it as long as he can. Everything in the past he has touched turned to gold.

10. Ssmiff

got it. But not the early withdrawal fee

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good luck to him

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is a failed appreciation of risk. they don't understand that risk exists until looking at failure retrospectively. We do it with all kinds of other issues too, such as environmental ones.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Success can breed irrational confidence in your skills. He wouldn’t be the first one person to convince himself he’s a financial genius. I see it all the time at my job. People only remember the success

justingroves likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I flipped 40 bucks of Novavax to Plug Power and workhorse, I feel like Jordan Belfort.

droski and IP like this.
  15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Tesla is just the vehicle to produce the battery storage Musk needs to get to Mars.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Isn't his goal out there somewhere.

Like step 1 was build a sports car in order to find step 2 which was a luxury electric which would feed step 3 to find cheap electric.

Something like that.

17. fl0at_

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

there is no electric space propulsion system as of yet, so it does not connect directly with Martian ambition.

19. fl0at_

The colony will require batteries, but, ultimately, we'll need better tech than that.

If we were to start a Mars colony from scratch, I would think we could do, expensively, entire solar. Especially since there are no oceans to cross with the wiring.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal