the UK apparently leaving the EU....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 23, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And as we centralize, the government gets worse for the locales. This is the crap that Jeffrrson hated and feared.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sounds like the UK.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was being "desettled" by disease brought by Europeans, and there were indeed settlements forming in places now part of the United States. The white man had arrived.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not the white man that would comprise the bulk of what we are freaking talking about.

The continent was still 99.999% natives. It represented the colonies that rebelled against Great Britain about as well as the 1960s represent the Jetsons.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They tried and it appears to have failed. They'll figure our something else.

It seems to be pretty simple

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said shortly after white people arrived.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Texas separatists are clamoring for seceding again.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I said after the white man came, which does not imply that it was the first instance of a person with white skin setting foot in the Americas. It was very vague and open to interpretation, but I trusted that based on context it was clear what I intended.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright, so what settlement do you consider the oldest precursor to the US? Jamestown? Williamsburg? Plymouth?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You can crunch the numbers any way you please. There is no possible way things work out to where it's a similar situation to lands that young being compared to the European civilizations that had been diverging for eons (eons is a use of figurative language).

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

India is also a pieced together nation. The idea that is also comparable is a "false barrier."

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

To what end and gain is the purpose of a world government?

What is gained in politics, trade, negotiations or law from giving every country a voice? No matter how homogenous we are, or become, in appearance--it's bleeding impractical.

13. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Nothing until after first contact, at which point we will all become one of many.

And what is the only political party qualified for such a noble endeavor?

That's right.

Transhumanists.

Zoltan Istvan for president!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video]https://www.facebook.com/DismantleEuropeanUnion/videos/1056716077752740/[/video]

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

World peace. Ending of the waste of massive amount sof resources on maintaining giant standing armies. Cooperation and paperless transportation around the world. A more concentrated effort on getting off this rock to save us from a single point of extinction.

And because someone is born in outer Mongolia, they shouldn't have a voice in what happens to their planet? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't understand thinking that those things are only attainable through one world government. We're already moving the human race toward your goals without it.

We're already in the best time in human history and by nearly all measures just getting better.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's all admirable. I just don't see a world where it's possible

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are you saying a global government would bring about world peace?

19. NorrisAlan

Perhaps it isn't necessary. But I don't see how any sovereign nation is going to give up having a standing army as long as they have a neighbor that is also looking out for their sovereignty.

20. NorrisAlan

Does Tennessee ever stand an army at the border of Georgia (no matter how much they deserve it)?