The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sad to see what has happened to this show the last few seasons. This season has been hideous so far.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I watched the first episode of this season and haven't turned it back on since.

3. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

This season has been a derivative of Lost. While Lost was driven for character development to the overall plot, WD has gone that route for each episode season 7. They are spending an entire episode on each character as to where and what happened during this Negan ordeal. It was simple and to the point from the beginning. Killing zombies and staying alive.

4. Low Country Vol

If they were going by the comics, it was spot on killing Glenn. It enabled Maggie to emerge as a leader. How many episodes were they teasing us with Glen's death? It was bound to happen. Like you said they should replace him with a more interesting character. The episodes have been too slow moving for that to happen.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The characters aren't 1/10 as interesting as the ones on Lost.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because we already know the characters in this really damn well. I looked ahead at the next two episode's info blurbs. Looks like this week will be boring as hell with us getting "a closer look at sanctuary and the lifestyle of the saviors," while Alexandria scavenges. But then next week, things "quickly spin out of control..." Uh, no. Things have very, very slowly twisted in the wind.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah but there's a tiger now.

8. Low Country Vol

Not even that.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Psssh. More like I'd wipe out zombies in less than ten days.

11. JayVols

I'd take a few with me, for sure.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like it would be easier for me to kill a brain dead, slow moving corpse, rather than the other way around.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Every zombie was assumed to have a 90 % chance of infecting someone new every day? Uh, no.

[​IMG]

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could wipe out a city of zombies with a butter knife. Zombies are stupid.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, get one of those hedge trimmers that look like a mini chainsaw on the end of the pole, and be sure to wear a raincoat.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm not so worried about getting killed by a zombie, it's the Neagan types I'll be watching out for.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It would be so easy to stop zombies (assuming they're like the kind found in The Walking Dead and a lot of zombie stories) that it would never get to the point of being an apocalypse. The police can deal with Negan.

18. JayVols

Anyone catch the Smokey and the Bandit easter egg in last night's episode?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Neegan is lame as hell. Constantly rambling on in what I assume is an attempt to establish him as interesting and charismatic, but he's dull as hell. The Governor was way better.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I've always thought the Governor was severely underrated as a villain.

He made season 3 50x more interesting.