The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ssmiff likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I ran today. Bavarian winter and food has not been kind. I am in worse shape than I've been in almost five years. My 5k time was over 30 minutes.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, no dirty girl smirk or whatever, but we gotta see this crap?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. Now shut up and masturbate.

warhammer likes this.
  5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just did the whole thing bare ass naked.

How do I upload a video?

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

del *.*

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

NYY prefers his [penis] pics go unpublished in the future.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Bought mountain bikes yesterday and we went for a ride this morning. Haven't ridden a bike in years but damn I had fun. Just rode on the street and I seriously doubt this thing will ever see mountain trails but there are some nice long bike trails around town that I want to try when I get more comfortable riding again. It's one good thing that's come from all of this covid-19 bs.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Went for a bike ride this morning. Hopped a curb, caught a piece of a stop sign and wrecked. I wish I could have been another person watching because I'm sure it looked funny as hell. Luckily the only thing that was seriously injured was my pride.

kmf600 likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Went for a run yesterday. I had taken my chihuahua on a 5-mile walk Sunday though the forest near our community, and I thought I would take a similar path. When I took the dog, I had my phone and used it to figure out where to turn to make a loop through the woods. When I run, I hate carrying my phone. I mean I hates it, filthy bulky phoneses. Naturally missed a turn. At first I blamed my mistake on a guy on a bike that had stalked me. He was right up on me when I heard him, and I probably looked like my daughter seeing a bee or spider at the time. Why Germany requires bicycles to have bells on them is beyond me. They never use the blasted things unless there's a whole pack of them, and then it sounds like my granny's phone ringing back in the day as they all pass. Anyway, as I headed down the road where I thought I had missed my turn (where the bike stalked me), I quickly realized that everything was unfamiliar. It wasn't unfamiliar in that the scenery was different. The scenery is pretty much the same throughout the forest minus the odd structure or hunting stand or pile of stacked logs. The road was curvier and steeper (downhill unfortunately) than anything I remembered from the day before. As I kept plodding along, walking occasionally because the Bavarian diet padded my waistline over the winter, I finally recognized a turn from another time I was in the forest. It was from a time I got lost and wound up walking down the highway just to get back to town. I decided to keep going because I knew from my GPS watch that I had made too many turns on that trip out, and I thought I was pretty close to being on track. As it turned out, I wound up back on the route I intended at about 5.3 miles or so. I wound up doing a little over 8 before I settled in for a cool down walk. I'm usually pretty good with directions, but something about these forests here screw up my compass. Heck, I even had the sun to help guide me.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think 53 has mentioned it, but has anyone else done IF on here?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've been doing it for 7 months now. You'll feel a million times better and have a lot more energy.

I can't stand chicken now though unless it's fried

14. CardinalVol

How many hours do you fast at a time?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

16 every day but sometimes longer

16. CardinalVol

I'm starting out just going 8 to 8 eating and then not eating. Eventually want to get down to 9 or 10 hours. I'm all for system shocks, but afraid if I went all in I'd regret it. Struggling enough giving up my first thing in the morning Spark.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I just jumped in.

It took about 3 or 4 days to get use to it.

Once your body gets use to actually burning fat instead of running on carbs, you can really stretch out not eating.

It will also mess with your sleep pattern at first too.

18. CardinalVol

Day 3 of IF. Going 15\9. Yesterday was rough but today has been fine.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I did this for about a month in April. It definitely got easier. Fell off the wagon when my kids decided they liked scrambled eggs everyday.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

good job man.

you’re over the hump.