Today I learned

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh and Droski, Cal is widely considered the top program in the country. I wouldn't even bother.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I do as well, Anyone who doesn't let Neanderthal thinking deter them from speaking their true thoughts is way above such thinkers, and high in my esteem.

I learned thanks to OE that Loudoun County VA has the highest median income of any county in the US, and that Fairfax also in VA is number two. Both are across from Washington DC which is disconcerting to me. Why do I feel this way, and all of you should too?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Fyp

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I think The Brothers Karamazov is. Call me a populist, but I would put One Hundred Years of Solitude, Cat's Cradle, Sound and the Fury, Sometimes a Great Notion, Crime and Punishment, A Portrait OTAAAYM, both of the Tropics by Henry Miller (just for sheer balls), and others I can't readily recall, up there, as well.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Appreciate it man.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Isn't the GOAT discussion meant to pick one?

7. PoochPunt3rdDown

I wouldn't know because I don't feel worthy of their bloviating depth, as I'm on the lame team with OE and kat. Oh, and you would be Ayn Rand, because you suck.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd consider myself more of a Bill Watterson.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Anyone?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Missed this gem. You say it as if it's a bad thing. I'm 100% okay with a change from all male to all female.

11. PoochPunt3rdDown

I enjoy a good system of ranking, almost to obsession, and "they" ranked Ullyses as the greatest. It was the 2nd volume as a companion to A Portrait. It was full of obscure references, which dragged the novel down, and did nothing more for me than make it almost unreadable.

I've had my own rankings since then.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'll back you up, man. It's a fine thread. But, you are probably a bit more immersed in the wholistic education side of education than most of the board based on age. Given this plus the past inside jokes - the response was inevitable. But, I like the thread. Just grin and bear the initial response, so to speak.

And, I challenge everyone else to try to keep the thread up once the initial fun with Indy dies down.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's hard to do in general for recent grads right now.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I meant that as a positive. I dated a cal English phd student for a couple of years and the guys in her department were the biggest vagines I've ever met in my life. Any guy with any self confidence would be rolling in *****. Of course you have to put up with chicks who are vegans and completely out of touch democrats.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't doubt it.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's a Joyce course next semester that is reading that. They planned a trip to Ireland, and I was going to apply for it until it didn't get approves. I wasn' about to read Ulysses my senior year without a trip involved. Then after everyone signed up for classes, an alum came forward to pay for the trip. I was shitty haha

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My freshman year at UT was the first year that computer generated class schedules were used, and my PE class was Ballroom Dancing. I was pissed because I considered it to be a gay-like thing. There were about seven males and around thirty females, and most of them were from fairly hot to OMG hot. I never complained again.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Working with all women can be good or bad.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As could be seen through the "rape" thread that someone started (wasn't it you?), I'm well prepared to argue with feminists and their agendas, which have pretty much engulfed the study of literature and theory as of late.

As for the rolling in *****, yes please. *****es love poetry.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Funny how that works. I don't care how many guys think I'm gay for going to English grad school if it aids in getting laid (by females) on a regular basis.

Also, I'd love to take a class like that. *****es love dancing.