Today I learned

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If I don't know a word, how would it be possible to be trying to use it? Not exactly sure how that would come across via written word anyways. I may not have picked the right word, but I'm fairly positive I knew about the word if I picked it and typed it out.

Now you could try to make fun of me for not knowing the word 'drivel' but that's lazy.

I'd say it's more likely due to "phonologically based lexical selection error" (I learned that today).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654172/
    I learned this today too. And lol, spot on with me picturing you as the dribbling idiot spewing his drivel, and it [uck fay]ing up my writing flow because of the lexical similarities between "dribble" and "drivel".

Or you could just call it an accidental, humorous malapropism. This one I already knew. But it's amazing what you can learn today when you aren't a lazy moron.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not disputing that you’re a [uck fay]ing moron, noted.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You know, I don't think so. The closest I've been to genius is NYY's asshole.

NYY, NorrisAlan and InVolNerable like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not reading all of this. You made a mistake. It’s not this big of a deal.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Eww

gcbvol likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just too perfect. Thank you, Indy. Points get across much more efficiently when others help you prove them.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2022-10-27_12-16-20.png