Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so he's was right 2 or 3 times out of 50. not exactly all star material.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got something different out of that quote. I think Jackson, in this instance, is questioning why there isn't more of an uproar for crime in general (white on white, black on black, etc.).

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

In a lot of ways, I'm sick and tired of this story and no longer care about the outcome. It's so over-hyped much like the Casey Anthony trial. I'm tired of hearing about it everywhere I go.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, that came across as fairly sane and rational to me. Given the source I wonder if I misinterpreted it.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there going to have a major problem convicting this guy with all the misinformation out there. i do think he holds the culpability here though.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is sometimes lost by those giving Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt is a man who committed no crime prior to this confrontation was shot and killed. That's a tragedy, no matter what the details are.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

We don't really know that he had no prior crimes. Being a juvenile his records would be sealed wouldn't they? We are just going to have to wait until ALL information is out. Not to be cruel but why no uproar over the three African Americans that broke into the dorm at Miss State and robbed and killed the white student there? It just seems to me that anytime race can be brought in, it is. When the bigger problem is all the young people killing each other.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think it will be very difficult to seat a jury.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sad story all the way around. Zimmerman also seems like a [uck fay] up, that didn't have much going on for him.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

New Black Panther leader arrested as group sets bounty in Florida shooting

A high-ranking member of the New Black Panther Party was arrested for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Hashim Nzinga, 49, recently announced on CNN that his group was offering a $10,000 reward for the capture of George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla. CNN identified Nzinga as the chief of staff of the New Black Panther Party.

New Black Panther leader arrested as group sets bounty in Florida shooting *| ajc.com

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would say that race propels something like this into the national spotlight about 12.6% of the time.

One would hope that the tragedy of murder would escape the bounds of race, regardless as to which it is, or from which the perpetrator and victim arose, but it can't.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I say that we put every member of the Black Panthers and KKK in some desolate locale, the Great Salt Flats perhaps, with one flatbed filled with TNT and the another filled with matches.

Problem solved.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I will not be surprised if it comes out that Trayvon was not the Angel he is being portrayed as.

Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony

According to a CNN poll released Monday, 73 percent of Americans think police should arrest Zimmerman.

Meanwhile, the difference between the typical teenager Martin's family and supporters say he was and the way he presented himself on social media is the subject of increasing debate.

As Dan Linehan, a blogger at Wagist.com, pointed out, correspondence with Martin on Twitter before he died alludes to an incident with a bus driver. "Yu ain't tell me you swung on a bus driver," Martin's cousin wrote to him on Feb. 21.

The same week, Martin was suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade. "He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that," his father said. "It wasn't a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property]," declining to offer more details.

But a family spokesman told the Associated Press on Monday that Martin was suspended because marijuana residue was found in his book bag.

More than 25,000 were expected to attend an afternoon rally in Sanford, Fla., on Monday for Martin, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and other civil rights leaders.

"The media is getting the Trayvon Martin story wrong," Michael Brendan Dougherty wrote on BusinessInsider.com, comparing it to the 2006 Duke lacrosse case, in which three members of the lacrosse team were accused of rape, resulting in a media firestorm and public outcry. The accuser's case unraveled, and the charges were eventually dropped.

"Oh how little we have learned," David Shane wrote on PolicyMic.com. The media has rushed to judgment yet again. Now, it's quite possible that Zimmerman is guilty of everything his worst foes accuse him of. There is plenty about this case that troubles me. But that's exactly the point—I don't know. Neither does anyone else, and both the scope and tone of the media coverage ought to reflect that fact."

Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

marijuana residue? Shoot to kill.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sad but true.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He is regaliter futui.

He could also be a regia POS. All I know is we, the general public, will never know what exactly happened.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeb Bush is shocked Zimmerman has not been arrested. 75 % of Americans believe he should at least be arrested.

I didn't know Zimmerman had 100 lbs on the kid, either.

Efforts to paint this kid as villainous due to being suspended from school and looking older than recent pictures (like it is some nefarious plot for 17 year olds to be changing fast) are really perplexing.

18. Oldvol75

Also new information out saying that the pictures being shown on tv of the kid are 4-5 years old. That he is now 17, 6-3. 170, covered in tats, with a gold grill. Sorry cant link, was reported on the radio on the way to work.

19. Oldvol75

Zimmerman is 5-8, 250.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

every black kid who has ever been shot by a white man immediately becomes a honor student. i have no idea if trayvon is as wonderful as people say he is, but i take it with a grain of salt. the dumbass still shouldn't have followed the kid though. personally i don't really care if the kid even had a felony record. the situation never should have happened in the first place.