Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Orlando Sentinel reported that George Zimmerman told police he lost 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in the neighborhood he regularly patrolled and was walking back to his vehicle last month when the youth approached him from behind.

The two exchanged words, Zimmerman said, and Martin then punched him, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk. Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

A statement from Sanford police said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.

New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor *| ajc.com

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't care if he smoked pot. I want to know more about the reported twitter regarding him taking a swing at a bus driver. Does he have a history of aggression?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly. Zimmerman does what he's told, he doesn't have a chance of getting his ass kicked or having to shoot someone.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which of those things qualifies as suspicious?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

An interesting question. I'd like to ask it to either his family that submitted the picture or the media that selected that picture over a more recent one.

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Surely this story was corroborated with actual injuries and this probably factored into Zimmerman being released. Anytime Sharpton and Jackson get involved, I immediately become skeptical.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm going with the 6'3". I find tall people to be generally untrustworthy. JMO IMO BABIP WHIP GBO

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd personally like a gold grill. Hooked up to natural gas line. Would be money.

I'd not push it around the neighborhood though.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I definitely read Zimmerman had a serious gash on the back of his head.

That still doesn't change the fact that he initiated a confrontation, and then utilized deadly force. His hands are not clean, no matter what the details of the fight.

10. CardinalVol

Here is where I want to make a judgement, but just can't. I want to say he did, but right now if he did indeed turn around and go back to his car.....how did he initiate it, especially if he was a legal neighborhood watchman (as stupid as we may think it is). I mean.....if he did stop pursuit, and Trayvon started going after him, that changes it in my mind. I just don't know.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think zimmerman simply killed the kid for being suspicious as people suggested. he would have done it before to others if he was prone to that. chances are trayvon confronted him as to why he was following him which frankly is something i might have done as a young kid in the same situation. so maybe he did kill the kid in "self defense," but as IP and groves have pointed out he certainly has some culpability for instigating the confrontation in the first place and obviously there is a question as to whether zimmerman's life was really in danger i.e. did he need to kill the kid even if the kid was beating him up.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Two words - Tawana Brawley

Two More - Duke Lacrosse

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only difference here is there is direct evidence he killed the kid. the question is whether he had to.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Also being reported now that there is 2 more minutes of 911 tape after the dispatcher tells him not to follow him. I would like to hear that also!

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Filmmaker Spike Lee tweeted the wrong home address for George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Fla., man who many are claiming should be arrested for shooting and killing Trayvon Martin. The tweet could have potentially put the woman who actually lives at that address in danger.

The Washington Times’ Kerry Picket went to the address that Lee tweeted as members of the New Black Panther Party were offering a $10,000 cash reward for Zimmerman’s capture, “dead or alive,” and others were demanding his arrest.

Read more: Paper: Spike Lee tweeted incorrect George Zimmerman address, possibly putting Sanford woman in danger | The Daily Caller

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he shouldn't be tweeting the guys real address either. hope he gets sued.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sue the shit out of that douchebag.

18. CardinalVol

I'm trying to figure out how trying to kill Z is any better than what he may or may not have done.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Because he isnt black.....duh

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spike Lee ought to suffer some sort of penalty for that. Vigilantism is how this mess started.