Trump is GOP Nominee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Dec 10, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

By anonymous surveys, which has it's own obvious flaws.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems ridiculously flawed.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is that limiting to on campus, or just students in that age group. As in, did the assault occur off campus, while waiting tables or some such?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The questions don't ask about location of incidents. If a rape occurs in the Fort Sanders neighborhood between two students, that would be included in this study. These studies are treating the student body as "campus," so whether the experiences occur in a backroom downtown or in the university center isn't distinguished.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How do we know some of these people weren't suffering from IP Syndrome and double reported incidents?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think that is a limitation of the study. A college student who is sexually assaulted as a waitress shouldn't be included in a university count.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Well placed.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How is it that NBC has Trump -5= Cruz, but CBS, 2 days earlier has Trump-19=Cruz. I realize that margin of error, even at the maximum interval (unlikely) can explain some of that difference but not all.

What gives?

Different sampling techniques?
    Trump's muslim comments backfiring?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Polling seems all over the board this time around.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I feel like this ground has been covered.

11. kidbourbon

I agree.

Also, because it's retarded.

12. kidbourbon

Hillary Rodham Clinton doe

13. kidbourbon

Young women have no fear of reporting it. It's kind of encouraged.

14. kidbourbon

Because they would probably discredit her.

15. kidbourbon

As I've argued elsewhere, the problem is with false reporting, which the campus initiative completely encourages.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You've got to be shitting me with this idea that the "real" problem is false reporting and that women have no fear in reporting these situations, right? I know you aren't the most woman-friendly poster here, but c'mon, this is a little more than absurd.

17. MWR

MWR Contributor

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many of the polls you see reported are not scientific, being unrepresentative samples of the voting population. To do a proper scientific poll takes at least a week and a lot of money. Most polls you see are "flash" polls, which are essentially just randomly asking 1500 or so people.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Donald Trump will may be remembered as the man most responsible for getting Hillary Clinton elected when she had all but eliminated herself.

I hope not, but the current trend supports this.