UGA thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 10, 2020.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

My two thoughts.
    1. I hate Georgia.
    2. We need a serviceable QB.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I really like Pruitt, but for the life of me can’t imagine being a head coach in the Southeastern Conference and intentionally riding with Jarrett Guarantano for 3 goddam years.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Drinkwitz gave Robinson, who had a decent game against Bama, about 1 drive against us and then fired him.

Pruitt still loyal to JG for that Auburn game. I don't know any other Champ coach that would be so loyal.

And if Shrout or Maurer aren't at least somewhat capable after being in Chaney's system for a full year but Bazelak is good after a couple months with Drinkwitz, well, I don't know what to say.

I like Chaney, but the QB and OL need help with coaching IMO.

Memtownvol and doolmeonce like this.
  4. Volshaw

Volshaw New Member

Jg leaving and the ability to forget him 20s later is amazing.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

When we get to the point where our enduring memory of JG is the Auburn game, that will be good times. Or really bad times, but hopefully the former.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't wait to say "former Vol, Jarrett Guarantano"

hohenfelsvol, SeabeeVol and A-Smith like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney has helped. It wasn't good tonight, but one game doesn't erase winning 8 straight with 3 different qbs. Friend isn't a good oline coach

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I had to take an old school walk tonight, which backfired and instead lead me to think of how many times, with turnovers or missed wide open receivers, jg has by himself changed momentum of a game, and often compounded it worse.
    Its at this time the other team realizes their leader on the field is more reliable and the entire auru of the game changes.
    And Pruitt cant put Maurer or Bailey in there vs a ga team with their ears pinned back right at that point in the game.

IP likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If you can't find or develop a QB better than JG after three years, then why should I expect anything better from you in the future?

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Kinda feels like Miami is going through what we're going through.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think Pruitt hiring Helton really bit him in the ass by destroying our QB depth. Definitely slowed the timeline down and could have ultimately cost him his job.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's not a good look but i don't think it's something we have to worry is going to happen again in the future with Pruitt.

justingroves likes this.
  13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

UGA's defense controlled the game.

The Vols defense played very well despite the score. JG did what we all expect from him although the OL did not help him very much. They should be ashamed of their performance today.

Georgia still has way more talent than we do but that wasn't what separated them tonight. The penalties and turnovers can't happen when we're playing a better team.

reVOLt likes this.
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He was replaced multiple times because he couldn't move the offense, and on top of that, couldn't stay healthy for a full game. And he's only gotten worse over the offseason.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Is it intentional? Bailey isn't ready yet, but who's to say if he had gotten an actual spring and summer camp that JG wouldn't have transferred and that he wouldn't be the guy? COVID [uck fay]ed us and too many people on this site and others just brushed it off.

Ben Tobin likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The unforced penalties suprised me. The silly targeting really surprised me. I wanted to argue with the call, because it was so soft... but he clearly intentionally lowered his head to bang helmets well after the ball was gone. Dumb.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hear you, but everybody had to deal with COVID. Georgia had to, and they ended up rolling with their 4th string QB.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We got screwed some today but we got some generous officiating the first two weeks. It'll even out over the course of 10 games.

The only call that I have an issue with is the early holding call on Morris. It wasn't even questionable and it effected his play from that point onward.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, if the bolded part is truth, fire his ass for stupidity for he is and always be a bammer and little more.

It always seems like there is no better option for some reason, and it's definitely perplexing.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They're 2 and 3 deep with 4 and 5 stars at literally every other position. COVID [uck fay]ed us harder than them because they were already well established.

Memtownvol likes this.