United Airlines has man assaulted and dragged off plane

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

This is why you carry as many weapons as possible when flying. Gotta be prepared to face an airline's champion for the rights to your seat.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That passenger was a complete asshole and United are complete assholes. I can't muster up an ounce of sympathy for either party on this one.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They really screwed up but United let it happen and apparently the CEO is ok with it.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He didn't strike me as the defiant type. I certainly don't think he deserved to be KO'd.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Not saying he wasn't, but I haven't seen anything to indicate the passenger was complete asshole. Was there something on the front end I didn't see?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

$800 doesn't move the needle when the next flight is the next day. let alone the fact the guy was already on the plane. they went cheap and paid the price. throw in 2 free first class tickets and half the plane would have taken the deal. I have no sympathy for united even if the guy is nuts.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently his medical license got suspended because he was giving drugs to some guy for sex. that's what's coming out now, but I don't see how it's completely relevant to this situation. i'm sure a normal person would have just got off the plane, but it doesn't make it right or ok.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've had to fly from Atlanta to Melbourne, FL a few times on Mondays and the flights are only usually about half to 2/3 full, pretty consistently.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the whole attitude I've seen by people who work in the industry is "they are allowed to do it." shows why the airline industry has such a bad reputation. being allowed to do something, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Interesting

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm sorry I thought this was America

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

So I'm guessing you're ok with the bartering system

14. CardinalVol

Send a 1099 and nothing wrong with it IMO....as long as it was 600 worth of drugs/services.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Certainly didn't deserved to be assaulted, but right, wrong, or indifferent that plane isn't taking off with him on it. Throwing a tantrum, however justified, isn't going to keep you on that plane.

FTR, I think, at a minimum, airlines should be forced to resolve over bookings before boarding occurs. This is honestly the first time I've seen it happen after the passengers have already boarded.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Depends on if the guy had to perform additional acts for he doc which can get pretty pricey

17. CardinalVol

A client had a patient kicked out of a retirement home because he was giving pain meds to the ladies there in exchange for sex.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

What a boss.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's amazing.

20. CardinalVol

When the doctor told me, I just looked at him with a blank stare.

His wife (the office manager) chiming in with, "and he's NOT a man you'd want to have sex with" then cringing made it even better.