UT's Offense is Compared to Unhygienic Genitalia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 29, 2014.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We really don't appear to have an OL coach now, so firing the person in that position and hiring an actual coach just might help the OL. Maybe.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Agree. Line isn't talented, bit there are also some issues where it looks like they have no idea what is going on. That's concerning.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can go along with that. I was taking it to mean the whole staff

4. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm not a believer but shit, you're throwing away another 2 years at least if you let this clown troupe hire another coach and that's if you're lucky.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't care for Bajakian at all, but having Hurd, North, Croom, Smith all out at receiver (and Pearson still isn't 100%), and having our shitty line, it's not entirely surprising that we struggled. I think Dobbs will be fine, and they'll look better when almost every good player they have isn't out.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Why do you think this? I can think of a number of examples where a new coach came in to a floundering powerhouse and had them winning championships in 2 years.

Is Tennessee exceptional in that it takes much longer than it would at Bama or Auburn or Florida or Ohio St? Are these players so temperamental that Butch is the only person for whom they will play?

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I totally get what your saying, especially in regards to the injuries to key players, but I'm still worried about Dobbs. I love his running ability, and think that could get better with a better OL. But he is extremely inaccurate. My hope is that also gets better with an improved OL but there seemed to be alot of easy throws that he makes look too dang hard.

That said I don't have much confidence in seeing the OL improve. I would love to be proven wrong...

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I'd say we were/are in much direr straits personnel wise than the 2 you mentioned. But mostly because I believe the current clown show would screw up the next hire.

Honestly, it blows my mind people want these guys to make another hire.

9. CardinalVol

Good luck getting a coach worth anything to come here if you canned a guy after two years of a rebuilding project.

Actually, if we did this I'd love to listen to every call we made to agents.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not many Nick Sabans out there iyam.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What sucks is there really is only one and the team I hate most has him, which makes me sick.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't even want to go there.

13. cotton

Bullshit. It's about money and opportunity to win. Nobody cares why the last guy was fired.

14. cotton

1. No we arent

2. Count again

15. JohnnyQuickkick

1.Yeah we are/were.

2. My bad.

16. CardinalVol

Ok.

17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Dooley was able to get Sam Pittman, regarded as one of the best in the business, after firing Heistand who coincidentally had only 2 years on the job.

Dooley.

So, I honestly don't think that firing Mahoney after a sub-par 2013 given the talent available and an outright horrendous 2014 would really shock or deter anyone. We have a roster that has a good bit of talent. It's a little thin with only 13 scholly players but we're adding 4 more and losing only 1.

18. CardinalVol

I'm talking head coach, not position coaches.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

One thing I have gathered from this board, the confidence in the AD/Admin at the University of Tennessee is probably lower than that of Jones.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Ah. In that case, I agree with you. Butch, at a minimum, needs 3 years but likely will get 4. Depending on how his 3rd year goes, I may or may not mind that.

Hell, Georgia fired Jim Donnan after 5 years and he had a 40-19 overall and a 25-15 SEC record. He finished in the Top 20 all 3 of his last years and also capped out with bowl wins in all 3.

Why, then, did Georgia fire Donnan? That's a great record to "Vol Faithfuls". 1-4 versus Tennessee, 1-4 versus Florida, 2-3 versus Auburn, 2-3 versus Georgia Tech. Gotta beat your primaries. Nobody cares about beating the scrubs.

Florida fired Zook after 3 with a 23-14 overall and a 16-8 SEC record. All 3 of Zooks years were Top 25 finishers.

As with Donnan, Zook had a 1-2 record to Tennessee, 2-1 versus Georgia and a 1-2 record versus Florida State and in addition he had a loss to Miami.

Beat your meaningful rivals. That would be Bama (good luck, Butch) and perhaps Florida. Georgia is a decent stand-in but isn't really a rival. I don't care about beating Kentucky and Vandy... just don't lose to them.