UT's Offense is Compared to Unhygienic Genitalia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 29, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's just... this team has real personnel issues. Being so vastly overmatched at the offensive LOS; man, it's tough to overcome that. Coaching issues too, for sure. I think 6-6 is fine for this outfit right now. I know nobody wants to hear that. It also doesn't mean I'm predicting glory for the future. I just is what it is, to say something else nobody wants to hear.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just don't see any reason that will change next year. Same guys, same coaches, same scheme, and same results.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm pretty concerned about it next year too.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If they win the bowl game, then they can be happy. If they lose it, it is still yet another ****ing losing season.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Defense should be a good unit next year. Offense is a concern.

6. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

It's not the same guys. Dobbs will be starting all year and will be prepping that all offseason. North will come back stronger than before, we get Smith back (who is a difference maker), add in Kamara who be an instant impact guy and shift the Oline to their natural positions assuming Blair progresses at LT.

The offense we saw this year will be vastly different, personnel wise, than what we see next year.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We can't figure out how to use North. He won't do anything special.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think the offense will be better, even if slightly, just by being a year older and having skill talent all over. Not much faith in the coaching on that side though.

Defense is what will win and keep us in games.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Another offseason should do this team wonders. I'm not expecting anything from Butch. It's going to be solely on the players to get this thing done.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are you new here?

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Typical bullshit from you.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think the bigger problem is not the scheme itself, but rather the inability of the OC. Sometimes it has been failure to make the scheme fit the personnel (Worley) and other times its a complete lack of making the right calls (calling 3-4 straight bubble screens that go for no gains).

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Him being happy is fine, but don't celebrate beating Vanderbilt and a bowl season at 6-6 like we are going to Atlanta next week. His accomplishments thus far are some really low lying fruit. It also doesn't help that he is an empty cliché machine of a huckster and I'm tired of the gimmick bullshit.

14. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

we could still finish with a losing season.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I'm not happy, nobody should be happy

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sometimes I wonder.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Then you should want them gone.

18. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The scheme we saw tonight was bad, but Dobbs and the O-line are the reasons for it. When the coaches tried to call more things outside the 3 running plays we ran, our O-line couldn't protect Dobbs and he was late with most all his throws. I'm glad we won, but man our depth sucks so bad.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

How does firing the coaches help the offensive line?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

It was a joke. Thanks